Chapter 10

Yah, friends. Nothing more. We couldn't be...that'd just be weird! We've been friends since we were little kids, innocent and small. We've seen each other at our worst. He's seen me in both pajamas, with unruly hair, and a prom dress, with perfect little curls. I've seen him in his boxers, and I've seen him in a tux. We know all there is to know about each other, there literally are no secrets. We have been together for so long, we just can't...nope. Not possible.

*****erasing thought from mind******

Anyway, yet another beautiful moment ruined by technology. The phone rang. Ainse, make note to turn off phone when having a moment...ok done. I tried to ignore the incessant ringing, however, it gets rather tedious when it's so damn loud. I finally succumbed to its annoying noise, as picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

"AINSE!!! BABE WHATS UP!!! IT'S GRACE!!!!!"

"Ahhhhh Gracie, the ever famous moment ruiner!! And not that I don't love talking to you, but what time is it??!"

"IT'S ALREADY 4:30!!!!! WHY AREN'T YOU GUYS AWAKE!!! Oh wait....did I..."

"Yah grace, you did. But I love you, so it's ok. I'll get you back at some point!"

"So tell me, Ainse, what exactly did I interrupt??"

"The moment of a most beautiful sunrise, sound of the waves, and the amazing feeling of waking up in Mikes arms...other than that, not much!"

"God damnit why don't you guys just freaking admit it already?? Come on, we all see it! Y'all are literally the most perfect couple ever!!"

"Gosh grace! How many times do I have to tell you?? We're just friends!! And why did you call anyway?"

"UGGGGG you're so stubborn!!! And ya know, come to think of it...I don't remember!!!!!!"

"Wowwwwwww unbelievable! So while we're talking, when would you be free to do lunch or dinner or something? There's something I wanna talk to you about."

I almost forgot about that, this wonderful night took away all my fears for a little bit.

"Today for dinner I am free! Come on over to my place, we'll have a glass and hang out. Ok sweat heart?"

"Yah, I'll see you at 7!"

"See ya then, love!"

"Bye!"

Ahhhhhh I missed her! Haven't seen her in almost 3 weeks!! That's unusual!! And so much has changed since then...how am I going to tell my best friend?? I thought about this as a tear rolled down my face. I sniffled quietly, but apparently it wasn't quiet enough. Mike stretched his arms and turned around to face me. He put his hands on my face and wiped the tears from my cheeks, then leaned forward and kissed my forehead. I maneuvered so that I was just sitting on his lap, and hugged him.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"What? Why?" mike asked.

"Because it's going to be really hard."