Chapter 31

"Whoa! Where did this baby come from??!!" Mike exclaimed, pointing at the Swedish fish tree.

"Oh, ya know, just the best "feel better" gift ever!" Grace laughed.

"Damn that's awesome!" He said.

"Ready to watch a movie, Mike?" Grace and I asked.

"Yah! What movie?"

"21 Jump street!" We both said.

"Oh my gosh I have been wanting to see that!! It looks so funny!" He said.

"That's what I said!" I said. Mike laughed.

"But before we watch the movie, I need you to drink this." Mike said, pulling a bottle out of the bag.

"Momma always said never take drinks from people without knowing what is in it." I joked. Mike laughed again.

"It's pedialite. Maddison recommended it. She said it will replenish your body and give it time to rest a little before you throw up again." He said.

"Oh..." I mumbled. I didn't want to throw up again.

"It's ok, just trust me. You've got to drink this to feel better, ok? Just try it." He said, handing it to me.

I took it, my hands shaking, took a sip, and swallowed.

"Ainsley that was awesome. Just keep taking sips like that ok? You did great." Mike said, kissing my forehead. I nodded as he took my hand and helped me to the couch. Before I was able to sit down I grabbed the bucket and was sick. Mike had a sad look on his face as he saw the tears threatening to escape my eyes. I sat down, and mike sat down with me. He rubbed my back, trying to relax me. I could feel his tears dripping onto my shoulder, and his chest moving up and down faster than normal. I turned around to see him sobbing. Seeing mike cry was devestating. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed that grace had left to give us some alone time. I looked into mikes eyes, dried his tears with my shirt sleeve, and then did something that surprised us both.