Chapter 13

Sunday night was a tough one. I lay in bed, just staring at the ceiling because I couldn't sleep at all. I kept thinking about tomorrow. I'm so nervous I can't even explain it. After tossing and turning for hours, I finally got out of bed, and walked down the hall to mikes room. Just like me, he was laying staring at the ceiling.

"Couldn't sleep?" I asked.

"Not a wink. Come on over." he said, patting the bed. I walked over, and climbed into his arms, my head on his chest. I felt safe with him.

_________________

When I woke up Monday morning, I smelled bacon. I got out of bed, and walked slowly downstairs, as I was dizzy. When I came down, mike smiled at me.

"Morning, princess!" he said, giving me a hug and kissing me on the forehead. "Mornin mike!" I said, stretching. I walked over to the counter, on which I found the object of my desires...bacon. Hell yes. Bacon, and toast, and fresh oranges...best breakfast ever. On the chair, I saw the coolest new sailing backpack ever. It had my name on it, and my US sailing number on the inside so I always have it. Inside the backpack was a blanket, fuzzy socks, a hair brush, tooth brush, happy days, and a bunch of Tack and Jib sailing magazines, along with tic tacs.

"Thought I would pack some stuff for today." mike said. "Thanks mike! That's really sweet!" I said.

"Anything for my girl! Ready to go?" he asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I said.

"Alright, let's go, we don't want to be late." he said, taking my hand. And we drove.