Chapter 44

"Hello, guys, why don't you take a seat, and we can go over your test results." Dr. Henderson said. After we sat, he looked down, sighed, and began to tell us what I already knew in my heart.

"Ainsley, your cancer has spread. It has spread to your lungs." I nodded and mike teared up.

"So what can we do? How do we make her better?" Mike asked hysterically.

"We can keep you on the chemotherapy, but all that can do is give you a little time."

"How much time do I have, doctor?" I asked calmly.

"Although this is only a guess, because we can never know for sure, but I would say about 4 months." He said. "I am going to give you guys some time to talk this over, let it sink in. You know that you can call me whenever, no matter what time it is." I nodded. I put my arm around Mike's shoulder as we walked out the double doors and into the parking lot.

"Let's take a walk." I said, taking Mike's hand. He didn't say anything, simply nodded, tears still streaming down our faces. We walked for what seemed like forever. While we were walking down the street, I saw a huge willow tree with a branch draping over a small river, and a wooden swing on the tree. My face lit up, and I started to run towards it. As we got closer, I smiled even more, and went to go sit on the swing. Mike sat down on the river bank, and sighed.

"Where are we, Ainse?" He asked suddenly.

"Heaven." I said, smiling. He looked at me, extremely confused. "It's just something I saw in my dream last night. I was swinging in this exact tree in heaven, and Madison was sitting where you are, throwing rocks into the river." I said, smiling at the memory. Then I heard mike sob. I gingerly got off the swing and walked over to him. I sat between his legs and put my head back on his chest. Tears still dripping down his face now spilled onto mine as he leaned forward to kiss me. I thought about how much I would miss his kisses, and cried too. I sat up, turned around, and passionately kissed him. Just then, we heard yelling.