Chapter 24

"If you need anything, honey, you know I'm here. Both of you." He said with a sad smile. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm good today, thanks. I have treatment tomorrow, though." I said.

"Glad you're feeling good, and glad you came for your favorite today!" He said, when conveniently, the waitress came with our order. "Well, I'd better get back to work now. Come chat any time, ok? You're always welcome!"

"Thanks!" We both said. And with that, he walked back to the door to greet people, and we began to chow down on our pancakes. I cannot express how beautiful these pancakes are. Heaven.

After our breakfast, we gathered our gear and set out for the boathouse. We picked a boat not meant for racing, per say, but more for practice. We can take it slow, which we were planning on today. We rigged the boat up, checked our systems, grabbed our life vests and communication system. Then, like tradition, we sang "I'm on a boat" while we tacked off.

When in open waters, the wind calmed down, and it was very relaxing. We decided to dock on a buoy and chill. We both came on deck and sat down. I was sitting in mikes lap with his arms around me, and my head resting on his shoulder. I felt safe with Mike. I always have. I am always reminded of how lucky I am to have him with me through this. I can't imagine going through it alone.

"How's my girl?" He asked, kissing my forehead.

"Well I'm good now!" I said, laughing. He laughed too.

"Good." He said. "It's getting late, want to turn back?" He asked. I looked at my watch. It was already 6:30! Where does the time go out on the water?!

"Yah. I'm getting kinda tired too." I said quietly.

"That's ok, plus I'm hungry, how about you?" He asked.

"Now that you mention it, yah I am hungry!" I said.

"How do s'mores and hot dogs sound?" He asked.

"Amazing!!" I screamed.

"Well alright then!! Lets get this show on the road, shall we?" He said, getting up and helping me up with him.

We made great time back to shore, de-rigged the boat, and hopped in the car to go home. I turned on the radio, and sure enough, my jam was on. On Top of the World by Imagine Dragons. Best song ever!!! (Disclaimer, I say that about every song I like)

We both sang like idiots and blasted the song with the windows down. We were just teens again, nothing was wrong with me, nothing was complicated. Just normal. Until I felt something warm on my face.