Chapter 1

I remember that night like it was yesterday. Sailing like we always do when we can't sleep, the waves rocking the boat as we lay back and relax. The stars above our heads reminds us that we aren't in reality, we're in bliss. That is, until we dock again. Then the real world comes crashing back like a wave against the hull. Back to the real world where we are captives of a world of brutal truths. A world where we find out who we are, and what we have to do. Where we find out who our real friends are. The ones who will stick with us, no matter what. When we ind those people, hanging on tight is all we can do.

---------------

"Ainsley, are you ok??" Mike asked

In all honestly, I am not ok. But I don't know why. "Um yah I'm fine, don't worry about me." I said in a tone that I hoped was reassuring. Reassuring for me and for him.

"Ainse, I've known you for how long?"

"13 years..." I said.

"Now tell me again, honestly, are you ok?" he asked softly.

"I think so."

"What is it?" he asked.

"Stomach aches mostly..." I whispered. Why? I don't know.

"Could that be related to the fact that you haven't been eating lately? Ainse, I've known you for long enough to know you eat about as much as me. What is going on?" he asked.

All of the sudden I felt dizzy, and everything went dark.

Comment or vote, I'd love to hear what you think!