Chapter 25

Blood. Damn it, right when we were enjoying

ourselves.

"Mike do you have any tissues?" I said with my hand over my nose.

"Oh shit! Yah!" He said, pulling the car over to the side of the road. I got out so I wouldn't get blood everywhere, and mike got out and ran over to me. With one hand he rubbed my back, and with the other, fumbled in the glove compartment for tissues.

"Ainse, I think we used all the tissues when you were sick the other day." He said, ripping of his shirt. I froze. "Ainse?" He asked, snapping me back to reality.

"Yah, thanks." I said, as he held his shirt to my nose. I was shaking, mainly because I wasn't used to bleeding all the time yet and because I was kind of scared. There was a lot of blood. Within a minute, blood soaked his shirt.

"Ummmm..." Mike said, trying to figure out what to do. Just then, we realized where we were. Right in front of Mrs and Mr. Shepetta's house. Mike ran to the front door, forgetting he had no shirt on and blood everywhere. Mrs. Shepetta opened the door.

"Uhh...Mike!? What happened!?" She stuttered.

"Oh um just a bit of a situation... Ainsley has a bloody nose. Ummm can I have some paper towel please?" He asked.

"Yes of course dear! Come on, bring her in, we'll get you both cleaned up." She said. "Robert, can you get me a bowl of hot water and a few towels?"

Mike carried me into the Shepetta's home, because he knew I got weak after a bloody nose. We sat at the kitchen table, unsure what to do. Mr and Mrs Shepetta returned with a bowl of hot water and towels.

"There there, dear." She soothed, stopping me from apologizing for the millionth time. "Now what happened honey?" She asked with a sympathetic look while handing mike the towel. I then realized I forgot my scarf, so it was even more obvious. With the bloody nose and the bald head, I'm sure she would have figured it out.

"A few weeks ago, I was diagnosed with Leukemia." I said quietly. She had tears in her eyes.

"Oh dear I'm sorry!" She said, patting my back. "It's a great thing mikes with you, huh?"

"Yah it is. I couldn't fathom how I would do this without him." I said honestly. Mike just blushed 50 shades of red.

"That's so sweet. Now, is the bleeding almost done?" She asked. Mike lifted the towel to check, and we could tell it was almost done.

"Pretty close!" We both said.

"Good to hear. I was worried we'd have to call the doctor!" She said. We all laughed at that.

__________________

3 towels, 2 shirts, and two hours later, mike and I were pulling into the driveway of the house. Mike got out of the car and helped me upstairs to get changed into our pajamas. It's been a very long day. We were both exhausted, and it was almost 11 o'clock. I yawned, and so did mike, and then we both climbed into bed. I snuggled up in his arms, and he threw the covers over us.

"Goodnight, babygirl." Mike said, kissing my head.