0.9

Verena's POV

I never thought the day that Paul introduced me to the pack would be today. I didn't expect him to accept me. Knowing him, I expected him to lash out on me for being a leech, but he didn't.

"Are you sure it's a good idea for me to be here? What would Sam say?" I hesitate to walk into Sam's house. He was the Alpha, for heaven's sake.

"Since when do you care about the treaty?"

Before I could answer it, we were already on the porch. Paul pulled me inside the house. It really gives me a homey vibe. I like it here.

As soon as we got inside, all the laughter died down. Everyone was staring at us, particularly me.

Paul let go of my hand and walked towards his brothers, taking a muffin and shovelling it in his mouth.

"Guys, this is Verena." He introduced me with his mouth full of muffin.

I gave them a shy smile. I wasn't lying when I said I was shy. Suddenly I was human, Verena again, a shy and awkward girl.

"Don't talk when you're chewing, dumbass." I said to Paul.

A woman with a scar on her face walked towards me. She's still beautiful, even with the scar.

"Hi, I'm Emily. It took him long enough to bring you here. Take a seat." She gave me a soft smile. Guess Sam really hit the jackpot.

"I wouldn't have come here if it wasn't him dragging me," I took a seat beside Paul.

"I thought you didn't care about the treaty?" Embry said.

I shrugged. It's true, I could care less about it, but to see Paul's family? Hell no.

Not long after that, Sam walked in.

"Quil, it's your turn now. Jacob's waiting for you." Sam instructed. He kissed his mate on her lips like he depended on it. Its cute.

Quil got up for patrol and left. It's just me, Paul, Jared, Emily, and Sam. Things got quiet for a while. I just stared at Paul, who was devouring Emily's muffin.

"So, how old are you?" Jared asked.

"I was turned a few days before my 18th birthday."

"How long have you been alive?" He asked again.

"Jared, stop," Sam said.

"It's okay, Sam. To answer your question, I've stopped counting; all I know is that I was born in 1019 BC. " I shrugged. I'm bad at math. Really sucked.

All of them look at me like I'm a ghost. Paul and Jared stopped eating and simply stared at me. Even Sam and Emily, who were cuddling with each stop, just looked at me.

I laughed at their reaction. I never laughed so hard in such a long time.

"You guys should see your faces," I said between laughs.

"Damn, you're banging an artifact, Paul." Jared stated, earning a smack on the back of the head from Paul.

I take a glance at Sam. His face looked familiar to me.

"What's your full name, Sam?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Um, Sam Uley, why?"

I raised my eyebrows. No wonder he looked family. He looks similar to his great-grandfather, Levi Uley.

"Now I get it,"

"Why?" he asked again.

Should I tell him that I hooked up with his great-grandfather? We hooked up a couple times before he met his wife, Ellen.