0.2

Verena's POV

I stared at the girl named Isabella Swan, Edward's supposed mate. She was quite pale for a human. Edward told me that he couldn't read her mind, and neither Aro's nor Jane's powers worked on her when they were in Italy. Edward earned a slap from me for trying to kill himself.

"Is she going to stare at me the whole time or what?" Bella whispered to Edward. She looked scared and confused at the same time.

Currently, there were just the three of us in the house; others went hunting.

"You know I can hear you, right?" I said to her. She looked dumb.

"So what are you?" Bella asked me.

"You'll know eventually." "I hate telling my stories to people."

"Edward said you agreed to help me, why?"

"Because Edward asked me. I do it for him. I'll do anything for him."

She looked slightly jealous of my statement. Good. I want her to know her place.

"I just want to say thank you, even if you're doing it for Edward." "I owe you my life." Bella looked at me with a sincere look. Huh, okay.

"You sound like you want to sell yourself to me,"

"Verena, don't," warned Edward. I rolled my eyes. I mean, her soul would actually mean something to me.

"Let's go." Edward held her hand.

"Where are you going?" I asked them. I don't want to be alone here.

"I'm dropping her off at the reservation to be with the wolves."

It has been so long since I met the wolves. Ephraim Black was the last one I saw. I do miss my creation.

"I'll come with Bella."

"You can't. "You'll break the treaty."

Is he dumb? I was there when they made the treaty. But do I give a shit about the treaty? Obviously no. I used to be acquainted with the wolves. Ephraim used to be my friend.

"Look at my face." Edward looked at me. "Do I look like I care?"

+++

Third POV

The entire ride to meet Jacob was quiet. Apparently the Cullens and the wolves had made an agreement where they would work together to protect Bella and her father. Verena thought it was too much just to protect humans.

"Doesn't he own a shirt?" said Edward.

Verena checked the guy out. 'He can be naked for all I care,' she thought in her mind. Edward gave her a stern look. 'Get out of my head, asshole.'

"Who is this chick?" "She smelled weird." Jacob looked at Verena up and down. Eyeing her like a predator was supposed to scare her. Boy, he was wrong.

"This chick has a name, dipshit, and how I smelled is none of your business."

"I'm good here. You should go." Said Bella. Verena stood close to Bella. Somehow, she already felt protective towards this human.

"I'm not going to be gone long." Edward worried about leaving her for too long. Verena rolled her eyes at their interaction. She felt sick watching them together.

"Don't rush. Just go hunting. Besides, Verena will be with me."

"Woah, she's not going." "Didn't she know about the treaty?" Jacob became furious after knowing that Verena was coming with Bella.