1.1

Third POV

The day they had been anticipating had arrived. Alice was preoccupied with getting Bella ready for her wedding.

Verena entered the room where Bella was getting dressed. The hybrid is already dressed and has minimal makeup on. She had her hair down in a low bun.

"There's the bride," she said, walking in.

Rosalie, Alice, and Bella turned their heads to look at the hybrid.

"Oh my god, Verena, you look so beautiful!" Alice said it with excitement.

"I don't know; I think Verena is going to steal the spotlight." Bella said jokingly.

"Well, that's my sister for you, Bella. She steals the spotlight everywhere she goes," Rosalie chuckled.

Verena smiled. "I'm not wearing white, that's for sure."

Verena stood next to Bella and gave her a soft smile.

"I have a wedding gift for you," she said.

"Really?" Bella was shocked at the hybrid. They were not close to begin with.

The hybrid gave a small box to Bella. In the box is a small necklace with the Cullen crest engraved on a sapphire stone.

"Since, you're Cullen now, you deserved it. Also, the sapphire stone, I already cast a protection spell so nothing could harm you as long as you wore it." Verena explained.

"Thank you, Verena. I like it." Bella grinned. She felt happy that the whole family accepted her.

Alice helped her put the necklace on. As soon as she put it on, somehow, Bella looked more beautiful than she already was, she even felt confident.

"What was that?" Bella asked.

"I may or may not cast a beauty spell on you." You don't need to be concerned; it has only enhanced your beauty and will last throughout your honeymoon." Verena sheepishly grinned.

"You never did that to me," Rose stated.

"You're already pretty, Rose. My spell won't do anything." She rolled her eyes.

"Well, Verena, could you do anything for Bella because she's having this thought where she's going to fall while walking down the aisle." Alice explained.

"There's a spell I can do." "It's a spell to banish dark thoughts."

"Do it," Bella said.

Verena held Bella's hand, closed her eyes, and began to chant.

"With each word I cast my spell,
Breathing life into the shadows in hell,
Let the darkness take what's not meant to be,
And bring me the peace that I need to see,
The night air whispers my name,
And i bask in its calming fame,
With this incantation I am free and find peace in the shadows of mystery." She whispered.

Bella felt something heavy being lifted from her; no more negative or dark thoughts clouded her mind.

"It worked, thank you." Bella said with a grin.

"Of course, it's a simple spell. Now, I have to find my man." She wished the bride good luck and went off running to find her mate.

She was so excited to show him her dress. Paul has been asking to see the dress, but she told him to wait until the wedding.

She found him talking with Billy. Even the Clearwaters were invited. She walked towards them. Seth was the first one to notice her.

"Holy crap! You look so pretty, Verena." He complimented her.

She gave them a twirl, making her dress puff.

"Do you like it?" She wondered.

"You look lovely, Verena." Sue smiled at the young lady.

"I agree with Sue," Billy stated.

"Thank you, but I need to steal Paul from you." She reached out and took Paul's hand from the crowd.

"If I knew how amazing you looked in suits, I'd make you wear them every day," Verena said as she straightened his crooked tie and smiled up at him.

"I'd do the same if I knew how lovely you looked in a dress. Yet all I got was a leather jacket and a pair of trousers." He made a joke. His sly grin was all over his face.

"I thought you preferred me naked." She cocked her brow.

"That, too," he chuckled before kissing her on the lips.

"The ceremony is about to begin, lovebirds. Take your seats." Alice spotted them and dragged them both to the ceremony.

+++

The wedding ceremony was lovely. Everything went exactly as planned. Except for where Paul and Emmett were seated next to each other. Alice purposefully set everything up so they would bond, but they didn't. They continue to hit each other until Verena is forced to switch seats with Paul in order to be in the middle of her brother and mate.

Apart for Jessica's, who sounded jealous of Bella and Edward, the speeches for the bride and groom were beautiful.

"Come on, it's about time you meet my family." Verena dragged him to her family.

Paul was becoming anxious about meeting them, particularly Carlisle and Esme. She introduced him to her extended family, which included the Denali coven.

"Is this the famous Paul who has been snatching my daughter?" Esme asks humorously.

"I'm sorry for that. She doesn't know how to keep her distance from me." He answered. Verena hit the back of his head in response.

"Me and Carmen are happy for you, Verena." Eleazar said.

They had civil conversations, minus Irina, who was glaring at Paul the whole time.

"Irina, stop it." Kate warned.

"He killed Laurent. How could I be okay?" Irina spat.

Verena locked her gaze on the blonde. "Your mate was violating the treaty. If I was awake back then, I would have been the one who killed him." She spoke sternly.

She apologised to her family while dragging her mate's hand. Irina had irritated her, and she didn't want to cause a scene on someone else's special day.

She led him to the modern house's balcony, away from the crowd.

"You don't have to defend me, you know." The silence was broken by Paul.

"She's rude. I don't like it."

They both slipped into a comfortable silence as they watched the guests downstairs have fun, until something caught the hybrid's eye.

She noticed Seth's gaze on Bree, her new family. She recognised the expression. She nudged Paul on the shoulder.

"Look at Seth." "Tell me what you think."

Paul observed how Seth acted around Bree. They were having a normal conversation.

"Finally, Jared would stop picking at me. It's Seth's turn now. "

She giggled and leaned against his shoulder. They were taking their time waiting for her to say something. They rushed to the source, where they spotted Jacob arguing with Bella.

"What's going on?" Verena asked.

"Did you know?" Jacob wondered.

"Know what?" Verena questioned, puzzled.

"That Bella was going to have a 'normal' honeymoon?"

Verena's gaze swiftly shifted to Bella. She was unaware of this.

"I guess you're not important to her then," Jacob snarled.

"Jacob!" Paul warned.

"Jake, come on." Sam instructed.

"You can't just let this go, Sam. She'll die!"

"She's none of our concern now. She's with them. Our treaty didn't include her anymore." Sam explained.