4

Freen's heart was still beating erratically inside her chest after reading the revelation.

She didn’t even notice that she was continuously crying.

After wiping her tears, she quickly turned around and went to her friends, reaching out for the baby, taking her from Nam and carrying her like she’s the most fragile thing on earth.

She lifted the baby up, looking at her up close, before hugging her tight, crying once more, repeatedly mumbling a series of sorrys. This earned questioning looks from her friends.

Breaking the silence, Heng asked in a serious tone, "She's hers, isn't she?"

Freen just looked at them, nodded her head and cried harder, arms still wrapped on her precious child.

She is feeling an overwhelming wave of emotions inside, but they are overpowered by her joy, though still laced with confusion.

Her child. She has a child. She has a child with the most important person in her life. But where is she? The baby needs her. Freen needs her.

"What are you going to do now?" Nam then asked.

"I ... I have to continue finding her. The baby needs her. And I... I can't lose her, you know that." She desperately replied.

The two friends looked at each other and sighed. Yes. They know. They knew that their best friend was just stupid and in denial, but she is also in love with the mother of her child.

After Becky left, she was never the same. She looked for her day and night. She often waited for her outside their family's home, hoping she'll eventually go back. She also went to her school, asked her friends about her whereabouts, but to no avail. She changed a lot. She only went to work and find Becky, and she hasn't stopped. She also doesn't see anyone else anymore. She hasn't got laid for ages, after losing Becky. Actually, though she tried to get her mind off of her by drinking her days away, she never really shared a bed with anyone after her. It's like she doesn't want anyone else after she had her. She tried. Numerous times, she did. But she failed. So, when she realized she was in it bad, she looked for her. But when she did, she already lost her. She was already too late.

"How about the baby? What are your plans for her?" Nam asked again.

"I'm keeping her. I'll take care of her. I promise I'll be the best parent for her. She's my child anyway." She said in all honesty.

"Do you even know how to take care of a baby?" Heng asked with her brows raised.

"I honestly don't have a clue on what to do, but you'll help me take care of little Jisoo, right?" She asked, lifting the baby in a way that she would face her friends.

"Jisoo? As in Becky's bias in Blackpink? Aw. Becbec is still a baby afterall. And the name's cute. Just like the owner." Heng went forward to take the baby from her, kissing her cheeks, making her giggle.

"So... Are you in this? Will you help me raise her while we look for her mommy?" Freen asked again.

"Do you even have to ask? You don't really think that we'll leave this precious cutie entirely to your care, do you?" Nam said.

"She's right, Freen. I bet you don't even know the basics of taking care of the baby. What would you even do without us? Tsk. Tsk." Heng's follow up statement made her scratch her nape knowing that he meant, they know she can't handle this alone.

How lucky is she to have friends like them?
---