10

Becky felt so lost for weeks after she was disowned and thrown out by her parents. Honestly, she thought that she was prepared. She thought she was ready to face the future alone, considering all the preparations she made... but how wrong she was.

The first few days were very difficult. Becky forgot how she didn't really know how to cook, having been pampered all her life at home. But she had to eat, so she was forced to try to cook for herself. Though she got blisters and cuts, though it didn't taste good, though she had no appetite,.she still ate everything, not for herself, but for her baby.

She tried not to be in contact with anyone. She sold her old phone and bought an ordinary one. She changed her number. She deleted all her social media accounts. She made sure not to leave any trace of her. She didn't want to be found. She was desperate to start anew.

She was 5 months into her pregnancy when she decided that she had to start working. It was only a few months before her delivery and she needs money for the hospital and for the baby. Also, she thought that she might not be able to work anymore, the bigger her stomach gets.

So, she worked as waitress in a cafe in the morning, and a dishwasher in a restaurant at night. She never once did any work in her life before, but look at her now. Exhausted is an understatement for what she felt working day and night to support herself and her baby, but she knows it's all worth it.

She was already in her 7th month and she was as already advised by her doctor to rest at home and stop working. She wanted to, honestly, but she still has bills to pay, and she's saving up the money she brought from her old life for the delivery of the baby and other possible expenses.

That is when the unfortunate happened. She was working, as usual, when she slipped and fell, making her bleed in the process.

Desperate and in need of support, she was forced to call for help. She was advised by the hospital that she needed someone beside her, as she might be forced into labor anytime soon.

She wanted so much to call Freen. She needed her. Their baby girl needed her. But she knows that the girls wants nothing to do with her anymore, so she called her best friend, Irin, instead.

-----
"Oh my gosh! Becky, what happened?" Irin barged in the room obviously panicking. To say that she was shocked upon seeing the round belly of her best friend was an understatement. Her jaw was literally slacked, her eyes wide in disbelief, her expression, if seen in another situation would've made Becky laugh, but the pain in her lower belly prevented her to do so.

"Shit! You're pregnant. What? When? How?!" The girl was still bewildered, but she quickly moved to sit beside the girl to hold her hand.

Becky honestly didn't know how to explain, instead she told her only the important details of the situation now.

"Argh. Sorry for calling you here suddenly, Besh, but I really need your help. I don't know who else to call. I had an accident at work earlier. And now my baby is in danger. The doctor said that I needed consent for the operation and a guardian to give it, so... I'll just explain everything after the delivery. I hope you understand." Becky stated with all difficulty.

"Of course! Of course. That's no longer important. What's important is that you get treated quickly. I'm sorry for even asking. What do you need? What do I have to do?" Irin asked, still at a loss.

"Just go find a nurse and fill up some forms. Allow them to perform the emergency C-section for the delivery of the baby. And... Pray for me, please."

Becky and Irin were already teary eyed at this point, but Irin knew that she had to be strong for her dear friend. So, she reluctantly let go of the girl's hand to do what she was asked to.

"Just wait here, Becbec. Everything is going to be alright. You and the baby will be safe. Don't worry."

-----