Count on me || Bruno Mars

You'll always have my shoulder when you cry
I'll never let go, never say goodbye
You know you
 can count on me like one, two, three
I'll be there
And I know when I need it I can count on you like four, three, two
And you'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh, yeah

Jentzen's POV: 

I hold my arms open and Elliana runs into them, her tears flooding themselves onto me. 

"Shh, shh, it'll be okay Ellie." I rub her back, but her tears continue to fall. "You're too good for him. Gavin doesn't know what he's missed out on."

"He's already posting stories with his new girl. What, what did I do wrong?"

"You did nothing wrong. Tell you what, to cheer you up, let's go the fair. I'm sure you'll love it." I say to her.

"That'll be nice, thank you Jentz, but you do realise we're in the middle of a school day." She says doubtingly.

"We both have free periods next, and who cares about a little bunk anyways?" I give her a smirk. "Come on, let's go."

 Elliana's POV:

We both walk at the school laughing and talking like we always do. The fair isn't that close but not that far either, so we just hop on a bus for ten minutes and get off at the stop. April's sun rays shine over me as Jentzen heads to the counter, and they let us in for cheap as there are barely any people, which means no cues and all the rides basically all to ourselves! We see the 3 large rollercoasters and as soon as he spots them, Jentzen begins dragging me in that direction.

"Please?" He says, his brown eyes widening. 

"You're more than welcome to go on it, but there's no chance I'm coming on." I reply, already backing away. Let's just say fast rollercoasters aren't my thing.

"What about the Ferris wheel? It's not that fast, don't worry."

"No way." I immediately tell him. Sure, it's not that fast, but it brings back memories that right now, I don't want to even think of thinking about. 

"Come on Ellie, we're wasting time just standing here." He whines, and I sigh. I should probably tell him the truth. 

"Jentz, me and Gavin went on our very first date here. We had our first kiss on that very Ferris wheel." Tears begin to drip from my eyes once again. He probably hates me now.

"Oh, Ellie, come here." He wraps his right arm around my shoulder and I lean on his shoulder, almost thinking of it as a tissue. "I understand the memories may be bad, but it's not your fault. One day he'll regret cheating on such an amazing girl, and all you can do now is move on and show him how strong you are."

"Your right, as always." I giggle, shedding a small smile. I quickly pull away from him, summoning awkwardness in the air. "By the way, I'm so sorry for using you as a shoulder to cry on most of the-."

"Elliana, stop right there. You're my best friend, and it's my job to look out for you." 

"You're the best best friend. Ever." I tell him, and we race to the Ferris wheel, which he wins as I'm in a cotton sundress. They strap us in and we hear the music play and see the beautiful lights glowing.

"Elliana," he says melodically, and I look over and see him holding his phone out. I put my arm around him and he takes the selfie. "You're really beautiful, you know?" Jentzen shows me the photo and a wide smile spreads itself across my face.

"And you're ever so handsome," I say, ruffling his black hair. "In all seriousness though, thank you so much for being so kind and fun during my healing process. I don't know what I did to deserve such a wonderful best friend."

"Aww, Elliana, you're honestly one of the sweetest girls ever. I love you and care for you so much." He says, giving me a warm hug.

"I love you too." I reply, and we stare into each others eyes for the rest of the ride.

I can really count on him.

691 words. this ones been in the worlds for the while lol 😆 

let me know which one shot is your fav so far and I can do more that style!!