rewrite the stars || Anne-Marie, James Arthur

this one is sorta a different style. tell me if you like it!

What if we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine
Nothing could keep us apart
You'll be the one I was meant to find

Elliana's POV:

I grab my dance bag, and walk to the car, where my boyfriend Evan was patiently waiting for me. "Hi!" I say.

"Hello. How was rehearsals?" He replies. 

"Nothing special. Just started a new duet, it's for a competition in a few months. Wanna listen to the song?" I ask him, and he nods, before saying "For sure!"

"Oh, I almost forgot, I bought you your favourite berry smoothie," he adds, handing me a thick, purple smoothie filled to the top. "Extra blueberries, just how you like it."

"Thank you, I really needed this," I smile, sipping the smoothie before unlocking my phone to play the song. It's called 'Rewrite the Stars'. I nod my head to the music, and as the chorus approaches, I begin to envision my dance moves in your head. The fan kick at 'made to be mine', the back handspring at 'keep us apart', the turns at 'say you were made to be mine'. This is one of my favourite dances at the moment, and the songs amazing too. It sorta reminds me of someone I used to know.  

That someone is Jentzen Ramirez.

Jentzen's POV:

I watch as my girlfriend Zara chases my dog, Bear, dangling an orange chew toy just above his head. Sitting on the grass, I grab my phone to take a photo of the 7PM sunset. However, I'm stopped by an instagram notification, where some fan account tagged me in a post. It's some edit of two old friends: Ayden and Claire, and is to the song 'Rewrite the Stars'. I've never heart the song before, so I carefully listen to the lyrics. 

'Say you were made to be mine.' 

'Nothing could keep us apart.'

'You'd be the one I was meant to find.'

"Jentzen, I'm just gonna take Bear to go grab some food for the three of us!" She calls, and I nod. The thing is, this song, it sorta reminds me of an old face.

The face of Elliana Walmsley.

Nobody's POV:

#Jelliana was once the strongest ship, but it slowly faded away until it had completely disappeared. They lost the spark, they fought day after day, the only thing holding them together was the love that they had, the future they thought they'd have together, how close they always imagined they'd be.

Jentzen was happy. Elliana was happy. But both were missing the person that was once so much to them, they're biggest cheerleader. It would be a dream for the two to go back to the past for just one day, to feel the feelings they so fondly remembered.

But their time had passed, and they needed to accept that.

They needed to accept that no one can rewrite the stars.

480 words. They're getting shorter and shorter 😆

I feel this one has a different narrative, which is unique to most one shots. It was kinda hard to write, but I'm pretty proud of it :)