if only you would listen || school of rock

I've got so much inside,
If only you would listen!
Joy and anger and pride,
If only you would listen!
It's not much i'm asking
I only want your ear.
Yeah, i promise, one day i'll make you hear.
It's not much i'm asking,
I only want your ear.

Elliana's POV:

"There's this dress, this dress, this one too!" I exclaim to my best friends, Emily, Piper and Jenna.

"Calm down Ellie, lets go find the shop assistant." Jenna says, and the other two nod. I follow them to the lady in the dress shop, trying to contain my excitement. As the days go by, everything is becoming so real!

"So for four bridesmaids, would you like them-."

"Actually," I interrupt. "It's 3 bridesmaids, one bride." I point to myself, grinning widely.

"Oh, ok, congratulations!" She replies. "Unfortunately, we can't do yours the same day as theirs, but you can stay here and help them pick their dresses."

"That's fine, I'll gladly help!" The lady leads us up many corridors and stairs, each one a step closer to my wedding.

"She definitely gave us a weird looks guys." Piper whispers, and Emily nods.

"Ellie, we're all super happy for you and Jentzen," Emily begins, and I already know where this is going. "But don't you think you two have rushed into your engagement? You are literally 15 and 16 years old."

"So? You don't control my life."

"We're just looking out for you El! You and Jentzen have only being dating for 4 months. You could say a year and a bit if you count before you broke up, but how do you know he's your person?"

"I could say the same for you and Lev!" I argue.

"But we're not engaged are we?" Piper screams, and we both glare at eachother.

"Guys, lets tone it down," Jenna interrupts. "Elliana, you can do whatever you'd like, but we just think you shouldn't be thinking about this at 15! Learn, party, travel, those are all the things you could do before trapping yourself in Jentzen's arms. What does Yolanda even think about this?"

"Well, she's not that happy either. But it's my life, and she's had 15 years worth of opportunities to control it."

"Maybe at least wait until you graduate!"

"Oh my god, just stop!" I rage. "I wouldn't have picked you guys as bridesmaids if I knew you'd be like this. Just buy your dresses yourself, I'm leaving."

Anger roaring inside me, I storm out the bridal shop. Why would my friends NOT be happy for me?

Emily sighs. "If only she would listen."

Jentzen's POV:

My fiancée, Elliana, is currently out dress shopping, so I'm just chilling and watching sports with my older sister Liana. She just got married a few months ago, and it's crazy to think I'm about to follow in her footsteps.

"So when are you gonna go pickup your bridesmaid dress?" I ask her.

"I'm not really that sure, it's just,"

"Just what?"

"We all feel like you guys are rushing into this marriage, and I personally think you guys should just live in the moment and leave marriage for a while."

"You can't really talk you know."

"I'm 8 years older than you!"

"So?"

"Don't so me! Jentzen, I," she pauses. "The only reason I'm saying this is because I love and care for you so much, and I don't want you to make any mistakes. Getting married for the first time is exhilarating, and I don't want you to ruin the experience with some high school girlfriend. I adore Elliana, and I'd be overjoyed if you married her one day, but I just feel like today is not the day."

"Well I know I love Elliana." I reply, not taking in a word of her advice. I ignore her groans by unlocking my phone and opening instagram.

 I ignore her groans by unlocking my phone and opening instagram

jentzenramirez and ellianawalmsley_   thinking about vows... you heard that right, WE'RE ENGAGED!!!

piperrockelle  congrats i guess?

emilydobsonsbestfanpage   WHAAA? your, 15 and 16?!

lianakramirez   what ive been waiting for, despite it coming pretty fucking soon

"Why would you say that?" I look at Liana.

"What do you mean Jentzen?" She looks up from her phone.

"On our post. Everyone's throwing us shade, even Piper, but I wouldn't think my own sister would comment that."

"I already told you!" She cries. "I said what I believe, it's too soon for you guys to become engaged. I ONLY want what's best for you guys." 

"I'm old enough to know what's best for me Liana!"

She rolls her eyes. "If only you would listen."

734 words! do you like elliana's or jentzen's part more?