Prologue

Prologue

Okay, I admit it.

I, sort of, purposely went to Marty’s sleepover without informing my parents. But I knew they wouldn’t allow me anyway. And I accidentally bumped into the side pavement while driving my dad’s convertible. But it was the cyclist’s fault. He came in my way.

And pulling pranks is something which is very normal. And how was I supposed to know that Elena would topple back into her swimming pool in her new Versace mini dress after finding slime on her wrist?

So given the mitigating circumstances you’d think that I would be given a little slack. After all, I am seventeen. Aren’t we supposed to be making mistakes? Isn’t that what the teen years are for? You see, we can’t be perfect all the time.

So guess what my parents do?

They don’t ground me.

“No, that would be getting away too easy,” dad had said.

And now I am being sent to Alsandroz Academy, a boarding school on a small private island.

Me??? I have barely done anything wrong! (Okay, a little maybe). But it’s like they are sending me to prison. And everyone knows that when good people are sent to prison they end up becoming bad while they are there.

Okay, maybe it’s not exactly a prison that I’m going to. But it’s a crappy academy off the coast of South Asia, in the Indian Ocean. I don’t care if that is where great seafood comes from. I don’t want to live there.

The brochure from Alsandroz Academy reads, and I quote, “A home to help misguided teens set on its own private island, guarded by the Indian Ocean and accessible only by ferry. Here, our students learn to cease opportunities in our traditional way.”

Well... that absurd academy better be good... Or else I would need a really good escape route to make my exodus from this isolated isle.

Who am I? I'm Xania..