Chapter 7: Xania

Xania Ayden

Lunchtime wasn’t exactly rejuvenating for me but it was somewhat better than the other periods. Aria, Adrianna, Tanya, Percy, Daemon, Nash, Xavier and I sat around the same lunch table. (A/N: If you get confused at any point then please ask. And thanks for all the support :-))

To my dismay, Nash sat on the opposite end of the table from my place and I wasn’t able to make conversation with him as I had anticipated. It had been one and a half week since I came to this wretched place and I still wasn’t able to talk to Nash personally.

“How were your classes?” Adrianna asked me.

“Boring. Yours?” I questioned.

“They were nice. I can understand why you don’t like your classes. You kind of have the worst combination of teachers from the science department,” Adrianna told me.

“The only periods I like are English and French,” I said.

“Because we have them together,” she pointed out.

“Yup, but French gets annoying when demon Daemon starts talking,” I muttered.

“Hey! He’s my best friend,” Adrianna defended the monster.

“Don’t you mean best fiend?” I asked her.

Trust me to twist things in a silly way...

“So the plan stands for tonight,” Xavier announced. “After eleven o’ clock we all meet in our room and watch A Nightmare On Elm Street.”

“When did you decide to do that?” I asked my brother.

“We do movie marathons with friends and since Xavi is my roommate, he’s in,” Daemon answered for my brother. “Turns out he enjoys being my roommate unlike you predicted, Xania Ayden.”

The glare Daemon gave me was evil. He was being mean. And I really didn’t know why he hated me so much. It was irking.

“Wait till he sees your inner demon, Daemon,” I backfired. I smiled triumphantly and engaged myself in a conversation with Percy who was sitting next to me.

The worst part about trying to make conversation with new people at the boarding school was that they didn’t believe the simple reasons for why your parents sent you to a boarding school.

“You know, I murdered my neighbor because he used to ogle at me. So my parents sent me here to keep a leash on me,” as if that would be a good reason!

That night after the tiring classes and vexing  dinner when Aria and I returned to our room, we found the dressing table’s light switched on.

“Did someone come here?” I asked Aria. She shook her head and replied, “The switch has some problem. The light keeps on switching on by itself. It happened a few times last year so we complained about it and got it rectified. It hasn’t happened since. Maybe there’s some problem again.”

We switched off the lights and went to our respective beds; hers on the left near the door and mine on the right near the window.

We decided to rest for some time before heading to Xavier and Daemon’s room after eleven. Sometime while resting I dozed off as the exhaustion consumed me.

I woke up to the sound of thunder and raindrops. After rubbing my eyes, I glanced at the wall clock. It was midnight. One glance at Aria’s side of the room told me that she had left to join the others to watch that horror movie, A Nightmare On Elm Street. And what a perfect weather to watch such a movie.