☆Old Memories ☆

A/n This chapter takes place during Season 2 Episode 1 Separate Tides.

I walk to Luz's door and open it slightly, she is sitting on her makeshift bed looking down at her phone. I knock on the doorframe. She looks up. "Oh! Hey Y/N. What's up."

"What do you mean? Eda and Lilith are waiting for us, we gotta go hand in those bounties."

She quickly stands up. "Right! Sorry for making you guys wait," As we leave the room we hear Lilith arguing with Eda through the open window, something about feathers.

By the time we get to the market, it's full of people, except instead of people buying and selling it was mostly just coven scouts. I take a step away from the rest of the group, trying to get a good look around the market. When I look back at the group I see Eda kick some demon holding a sign, whatever was on that sign probably was stupid anyway. Walking up to a random booth I was stopped before I could get a good look at anything.

"Hey! You! You can't buy from here unless you've joined a coven." The middle-aged witch behind the booth glares at me.

"Huh? But I'm still in school, so I don't need to join a coven yet."

"Doesn't matter, I don't want to risk selling my precious stock to wild witches."

I roll my eyes. "Whatever. I don't want any of this stuff anyway."

She narrows her eyes at me as I walk away. 'Jeez, a lot more people are taking covenless witches more seriously...'

By the time I walk back, Eda's attracted a crowd of people. I stand next to Luz, "What's going on?" I ask, though she didn't have time to answer, Eda pulls a copy of her wanted poster out of her hair.

"I was the most wanted criminal for years! You should fear me." As Eda says this a garbage collector is walking by, grabbing the poster from Eda's hands and putting it in the trash. The crowd disperses, losing interest.

Lilith and King walk toward us, Lilith laughs with her head held high. "Don't worry, sister. At least my image still commands respect and fear." She poses next to one of those 'Join the Emperor's Coven Today!' posters. In perfect comedic timing, a blast of fire hits the wall next to Lilith burning up the poster.

"Haha, You're a traitor," King says.

Lilith walks up to the witch holding a flamethrower in confusion. "What's going on? This is anarchy. Who told you to do this?" She asks the unbothered witch. Then three new posters fly to the wall and stick themselves on. The words 'Join the Emperor's Coven Today!' remain the same but this time a different face is on the poster. Luz walks up to one of the posters and takes it off the wall. "The Golden Guard? Did you know him in the Coven, Lilith?" Luz asks, curiosity lacing her tone. Lilith grabs the poster out of Luz's hands. " Unfortunately, I did. He always got special treatment because he was the genius teen prodigy." Lilith states in a mocking voice. "But if he's really just a brat. If he's in charge... Vomit" Lilith crumbles up the poster into a ball and tries to throw it into a nearby trash can only for it to fly back into her face. She grabs the poster trying to rid it of her face before realizing it's stuck and giving up.

Luz grabs Eda and me by the shoulders. "Hey, I know. What we need is a confidence boost. Why don't we take on the biggest bounty we can find?" Luz lets go of both of us and runs over to the bounty list. "Hmm. Lost Cerberus, no. Witch cackling lessons... Oh, but maybe not today. Aha!" She pulls a bounty picture from the list and shows it to us.

"There's something called a 'Selkidomus' ravaging boats up and down the coast. We'll be on a high-seas adventure." Luz suggests.

Hmm, I've heard of those before or maybe I'm thinking of something else because I don't remember them being dangerous.