☆Runaway☆

A/n Wattpad did not need to call me out like this like damn I know it's been a while

Anyway sorry for not updating blah blah blah you've heard this before, here's the new chapter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pace around the hallways of Hexside, it's been a bit since the whole 'Luz and Hunter getting trapped in the Emporer's mind' thing happened. And I've been worried about both of them since. Something terrible happened in the Emporer's mindscape and I could tell Luz wasn't being completely honest about everything that happened in there. And Hunter... I hope he's okay. Realizing someone you've trusted your whole life is an awful person must have been too much for him.

And then Luz and King went off on their own adventure and the Owl house was surrounded with Emporer's scouts. I'm supposed to be meeting up with Willow, Gus and Amity to tell them that Luz is okay because as far as I know, she wasn't able to tell them what happened. But I've been a bit nervous about it, I kind of was avoiding them in the halls earlier. I haven't really thought over in my head exactly how to describe everything. It's just that I'm not really friends with them so I don't know how I'm meant to talk to them. I groan and hit my head on the wall. "Why do conversations have to be so hard..."

A crinkling sound coming from a nearby trash can pulls me from my thoughts. I look towards the sound but I don't see anything. "I should probably get to the cafeteria," I whisper to myself with a sigh. I walk past the trash can toward the cafeteria. Once I get a couple steps away from the trash I hear the same crinkling followed by a chirping sound. When I turn around I see a familiar face.

"Flapjack?"

The bird pailsman jumps out of the bin onto the ground. He stretches his wings and looks up at me with his head tilted to the side. I bend down to the pailsman, mirroring the head tilt. "What are you doing here little guy?" Flapjack looks away from me for a couple of seconds then he flies into the air and hovers there. I stand up, Flapjack chirps at me and grabs ahold of the sleeve of my uniform with his beak. He begins pulling me somewhere. "Woah there, what's going on Flap? Is Hunter around here?"

Flapjack lets go of my sleeve and starts cheeping excitedly as if to say yes.

"Wait, really?!"

He chirps again, flying away. I summon my palisman and immediately follow after Flapjack. After the short flight through the school's hallways, Flapjack turns and flies into one of the rooms. I jerk to a stop in front of the taped-off Paranoratium. I jump off and let my staff disappear.

"Closed for repairs, huh?" I read off the writing on the tape. Oh, right, the Paranoratium is where that basilisk was defeated. I open the slightly agape door enough for me to get in. Once I'm in I take a look around the room. No sign of Flapjack. I take a few steps down the aisle but stop when I hear a muffled voice backstage. That voice...