𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓❆

When Inej woke up, she was confused.

She didn't remember coming back to her room and she certainly didn't remember stitching herself.

She sat up in her bed while looking around and trying to remember everything, she remembers going on a mission with Kaz and Jesper, she remembers getting caught in a messy fight, sh remembers a blade cutting her side and she remembers fainting because of a burning sensation that appeared.

The rest was a blur, she faintly remembers yelling, someone carrying her and coldness.

Her door opened and she quickly grabbed for the knife on the table, she got ready to fight just incase. Her brows furrowed as Gwen walked in with a bad and a bowl.

Gwen looked at Inej and gasped "What are you crazy? You could rip you're stitches, put that blade down right now!"

Gwen put the bags and bowl on the main table in the room and rushed over. Inej hesitantly put down the blade and asked "Gwen? What are you doing here?"

Oh god, here starts the rambling

Gwen started to quick the stitches and fussed "Well, you needed bed rest and I couldn't possibly let Brekker brush off you're injuries, so I volunteered to take care of you. The blade that was used to cut your side was poisoned, Frost stopped the poison from spreading and I stitched you op. Brekker and Jesper helped, but before I arrived those fools wanted to wake you up which could only injure you more a-"

"Gwen, Gwen hey!" Inej stopped her rambling and reassured "Thank you for patching me up, but I really need to know if the job went well or not."

When Inej moved to get out of bed, Gwen stopped her and ordered "Oh I don't think so, you are staying in bed for the rest of the day pretty lady."

Smooth, real smooth

Inej tried to protest "But-"

"Nah uh!" Gwen stopped her before she began " If you need to know, then I'll try to get Jesper or Brekker to come here and tell you, but you are not setting a foot outside of this bed."

Inej opened her mouth to protest again, but stopped as Gwen gave her a warning look.

Seeing Inej's defeat, Gwen grinned and asked "Now to stay healthy you need to eat, so I got you some pea soup and you will eat it, because you need the strength."

Gwen grabbed the bowl and held it out towards Inej with a supporting grin, Inej laughed and grabbed it.

Gwen frowned as she looked at the clothes Inej was wearing and asked "Don't you have anything more comfortable to wear?"

Inej nodded and pointed towards the closet as she mumbled "Yeah, it's my sleepwear in the closet."

Gwen hummed and walked over to the closet, she looked through it and grabbed the sleeping clothes she found. She moved back towards the bed and laid the clothing on the bed while telling Inej "I'll leave the room so you can get dressed, try not to rip your stitches please?"

"I'll try Doc" Inej fake saluted and gave Gwen that heart melting smile, Gwen gave her a breathless laugh as she left the room.

She's absolutely amazing. For the third time, can we keep her?

Gwen took a deep breath, before she walked towards Brekker's office. She hesitantly knocked and heard a faint "Come in."

She opened the door and walked in, she noticed Brekker sitting at his desk while working on papers. It reminded her slightly of Per Haskell, but Brekker doesn't smell like alcohol and smoke, so that's a plus.

"Hello Brekker" Gwen spoke up in a cold tone, she didn't like Brekker. Not one bit, but if she had to talk to him to help Inej, then she could.

Kaz didn't even glance up and greeted "Hello Gwen, can I help you with something?"

"Inej wants to know if the 'Job' went well or not" Gwen told Brekker as clenched her jaw as he did not stop signing papers or whatever.

Kaz hummed, he could hear the underlying fire in her tone, so he shrugged "If she wants that information then she can come here and get it herself, because I can't disclose that information with you Ms. Snow" Of course he was lying, he would do anything for Inej, but he needed to see how far Gwen could be pushed.

Ugh. He's a dick, but he's hot and that cancels that out

As he still didn't look up, Gwen gritted out "I already told you last night, she needs bedrest."

"And I told you that bedrest didn't exist in Ketterdam" Kaz smirked and continued to sign his papers.

Calm down Gwen, he's just pushing you

She slammed her fist on his table and ice appeared where her fist landed as she snapped "Just tell me for Djel's sake!"

Kaz slowly lifted hid head, he hid a smirk as he noticed her eyes were faintly glowing and told her "The job went well, now I want to offer you something Ms. Snow and Frost."

Gwen narrowed her eyes and lifted her hand while accusing "You wanted me to snap, why?"

"I want to recruit you for a part-time job" Kaz explained and put the papers in front of him away.

She lifted an eyebrow and asked "What kind of job?"

"Being the Crows's healer and sometimes have you're other half help us in jobs" Kaz revealed as he looked at her with cold eyes.

Those eyes reminded her of black coffee, the coffee she would drink every morning to stay awake and have the satisfaction of the bitter taste.

She looked down in thought and asked "How would this profit me?"

"First of all, I would make sure you wouldn't live in fear of someone capturing you for your and Frost's powers. Second, you could earn a lot of money" Kaz looked into her eyes. Those eyes were a beautiful green, they reminded him of a forest where people would run and laugh in.

We could use the money, what we make now is almost nothing and used almost all of our money on that food for our sweets

Gwen frowned, because she knew Frost was right, but if she accepted this then she had to work with Brekker. She sighed and told Kaz "Fine, if I am the 'healer' from now on then when I say someone needs bedrest, then they will stay in bed!"

Kaz felt a smile start to form, but hid it from Gwen as he accepted "Okay Ms. Snow, the deal is the deal."

He held out his hand and Gwen looked at it, then back up at him. She told him "I don't do handshakes and considering you're wearing gloves, I guess you don't do skin to skin contact, we both have our boundaries."

Gwen could swear she saw a smirk, but Kaz withdrew his hand and nodded at her. She gave him one last look, before leaving and going back to Inej.

As she walked back into the room, she saw Inej laying on the bed with her sleepwear on. She asked "You didn't rip any stitches right?"

Inej smiled as she looked up at Gwen, Inej had to admit that she had a slight crush on Gwen, she reassured "Didn't even break one. Where did you go?"

"I went to Brekker, you wanted to know if the job went well and it did..." Gwen trailed off as she walked over and sat on the end of the bed.

"But?" Inej had sensed that the sentence wasn't done, but it was something that Gwen was hesitant to tell.

Gwen smiled at Inej and put a loose hair behind Inej's ear as she spoke "Brekker has offered me a part-time job, I'll be you're guy's healer while Frost sometimes helps on jobs."

Inej gave her a soft smile and said "At least I'll get to see more of you're beautiful face."

Gwen gave a soft laugh as she told her in disbelief "You almost see me everyday!"

"And it is not enough" Inej flirted and they both bursted out laughing.