𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎❆

Frost glanced around in the darkness, Her powers were on edge because they were in the Fold.

"Can you feel them?" Aleksander asked Ivan.

Ivan was holding his hands in a certain position as he shook his head "No heartbeats yet, sir."

Light caught Frost's vision as she watched the three familiar figures slip down a hatchet in the skiff. She contemplated telling Aleksander, but that might endanger Inej's life.

The growls and screeching of Volcra were passing through their ears.

Alina turned to Aleksander and exclaimed "Do something!"

She tried to summon light, but Aleksander gripped her shoulder and reminded her "No. Remember who's driving" Light erupted out of Alina and made a long tunnel "Your power's mine now."

Frost looked around in fascination, it looked beautiful, scary but beautiful.

They passed some sort of pedestal as Alina almost yelled at Aleksander "Why this half measure? Why just carve a tunnel? You have me. You have this. Destroy the Fold. You said we could."

Aleksander didn't even look at her as he said "And why would we destroy the Fold? It's the greatest weapon that we've got."

Frost looked at him in confusion, but shook it off as she trusted him. At least she though she did, she doesn't know for sure.

The skiff stopped and Aleksander started to tell everyone on the skiff "One more demonstration. You've seen what the Sun Summoner can do. Now bear witness to what I can do... with her power."

Frost looked in horror as Aleksander expanded the Fold. Volcra immediately descended down onto the people, screams erupted while Alina tried expanding the tunnel to save the people's lives, but Aleksander wouldn't let her.

Everything in Frost told her this was wrong, but she couldn't move. She had to obey Aleksander, right?

Aleksander made another speech "Today, we redraw all the maps. With the power of the Sun Summoner at my command, I control the Fold. And its monsters. I can move it to any border I like. Engulf any harbor. Consume any city. Take what you have seen back to your home countries. Tell the Fjerdans. Tell the Shu Han. There will be no more war with Ravka. All countries will answer to us. For who would oppose us now?"

Gun shots appeared as Mal appeared and shot at soldiers. Aleksander caught Frost's eyes and he gave her a nod.

She focused her gaze on Mal and gave him a hard blast that knocked him to the ground, he dropped down in pain while ice covered his chest. Frost focused on Mal's body temperature dropping to a point that it's hurtful.

A woman stepped forward and told Aleksander "General Kirigan, this will only turn the world against you and all Grisha. You'll be seen not as a savior, but a heretic."

Guns started to aim at Aleksander, but Frost shot most of them dead while Ivan killed the others.

Frost looked towards the top of the skiff as they started to move back, Aleksander yelled out in betrayal "Zoya! ZOYA!"

Frost saw Jesper appear and shoot Ivan while trying to shoot Aleksander as well, but he shot a cut towards them. Kaz knocked Jesper down, saving him from being cut in two.

Frost looked upwards as a knife impaled Aleksander's chest, it was Inej. She threw the knife and looked from Aleksander to Frost with wide eyes.

Aleksander wheezed as Black veins appeared in his body and he pulled out the knife while holding it up "It will take more than this!

Darkness swallowed up the side that they stood, but Frost grabbed a hold of Aleksander's arm and told him "Kaz Brekker's life is mine to take."

He hesitantly agreed "Be careful."

She nodded and walked into the shadows, just managed to see a Volcra knock Zoya back and Inej rushing to her side "Zoya. Zoya!"

A volcra appeared on the side of the skiff and Inej went to kill it with a kinfe, but found none seethed in the places she usually stored them. The Volcra got closer to attack, but Frost shot them away with Icicle's. The Volcra's disintegrated as Frost smirked while saying "Goodbye, freaks."

Inej breathed out with a smile "Frost?"

She looked at her with no emotion in her eyes as she asked "Where is Kaz?"

A rough voice spoke up behind her "Frost."

She turned around to see Kaz standing behind her, she glared at him and shot multiple icicles his way. He got knocked back as one of them almost impaled his stomach, he looked up at her in confusion.

Before she could shoot once again, Inej stood between them and looked at Frost with confusion in her eyes. Frost just barely looked at her and continued to glare at Kaz as she demanded "Get out of my way Inej."

"What are you doing?" Inej whispered in a broken tone, tears were welled up in her eyes from seeing Frost like this.

"It's his fault that I am like this! Now move!" Frost exclaimed and she got ready for another blast.

Inej shook her head as everything now made sense, Kirigan messed with her mind. So Inej stated "No."

Frost dropped her hand and looked at Inej with confusion "No?"

"No" She stated once again "It's not his fault, I don't know what Kirigan did to make you think that it was his fault, but I know it isn't."

Frost's eyes flickered between her glowing blue ones to Gwen's green ones as she whispered "He left me for dead."

"He didn't, you know that. You can feel that this is all wrong, Kirigan's wrong" Inej tried to break her out of the control that Kirigan had over her.

Frost's eyes flickered more, but she shook her head and created an icicle in her hand "I have to kill him, I have to."

Inej grabbed Frost's hand that held the icicle and brought it up to her chest "Then kill me first, if you believe that he is guilty then you have to go through me first."

Frost's breath hitched as her eyes kept changing, until her hair turned brown with White highlights and her eyes turned back. She looked at Inej with tears in her eyes as she whispered a broken "Inej."

Inej grabbed her in a hug and soothed her as she cried "It's okay. It isn't your fault, shhh."

They pulled away as light expanded around them, before disappearing.

Gwen didn't focus on that as she continued to cry "It was horrible, I wasn't in control this time and neither was Frost entirely. It was like there was another person that was taking the reins and that person was Kirigan."

Kaz had pulled himself up as he told her "Stop blaming yourself, it's okay we forgive you now get up, I recommend we start moving."

Zoya has stood up now as well and Inej helped Gwen stand while wiping away her tears.

They all rushed downstairs as they saw Alina on the ground, Mal rushed towards her and asked "What happened!"

Gwen saw the blood underneath her nose and assumed "Kirigan's Heartrender, Ivan."

Mal glanced at her suspiciously and continued started to weep over Alina "Come on, Alina. Alina, come back for me, please. Alina?"

A Volcra swooped down, but Alina's hand raised and killed it.

Gwen let out a breath of relief as the skiff started to move again. The nightmare was hopefully over.