𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗❆

Frost walked into Brekker's office and immediately was greeted with Inej and Kaz arguing.

She leans walks to the side of the office and sees Inej trying to have Kaz look in her eyes while exclaiming "-We can't go!"

Kaz remains stubborn "Can't we?"

Inej looks down as she mumbles "I can't go."

Frost looks down, she knows why she can't go. When Inej told her and Gwen about the menagerie, it made her want to storm over and put an icicle right through that woman's eye.

Kaz shakes his head "You will. I have a plan."

"No, you don't" Inej scoffs and Frost rolls her eyes at the obvious lie.

Kaz gives her a glare as he warns "Inej!"

"I know by now when you're still figuring things out. You don't know how to pull off this job" Inej points out.

Kaz fumed as he now looks in her eyes "I still have six hours, and right now, you aren't helping."

Inej holds up her wrist with the menagerie tattoo and sneered "Maybe you crack a way across, but that doesn't solve this problem!"

Kaz just continues to his papers and says "If I can't crack this, no one's going anywhere!"

"And if you do?" Inej pushes.

"Then maybe you stay here!" Kaz finally snaps, Inej takes a step back in shock.

Frost grits her teeth, but she knows he didn't mean it.

Inej's eyes glaze over and she whispers "Maybe I won't be here when you get back."

Inej leaves the office with Kaz yelling after her, regret in his eyes while sounding desperate "Inej! Inej!"

Kaz looks down and turns around to Frost as he spat out "If you're here to scold or threaten me, don't."

Frost sighs and shakes her head she walks towards the door, but stopped before it. She turned to him and spoke "She looks up to you Brekker, frankly most of us do. I see the way you look at her and I know you're fear holds you back, just know that me and Gwen don't dislike you because of that. As long as Inej is happy, we will do anything for her..."

Kaz looked at the ground and Frost left the office.

She closed her eyes and gave Gwen back the control, she knew that Inej needed Gwen's comfort.

Gwen opened her eyes and gave one glance towards Kaz's office, before walking downstairs towards the club.

She noticed Jesper and Inej standing at the bar, she walks over and lays a hand on Inej's shoulder.

Inej looks over and shows her the Menagerie summoning card, Gwen takes her into her arms.

Inej closes her eyes and soaked up all the comfort Gwen was giving her, when they pulled away Gwen gave her a quick peck on the lips as she whispered "If anything happens, you come to me and I or Frost will take care of it okay?"

Inej nodded and gave her one last kiss before leaving towards the Menagerie.

Gwen sighed and stood next to Jesper as she stole the shot he had just ordered, he gave her a frustrated look but she just smirked in return.

She asked "Shouldn't you be at the door?"

"Kaz isn't here, so no" Jesper gave her a cheeky smile while ordering another shot.

He really is going to get in trouble one day

She shook her head and laughed as she went back behind the bar.