𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕❆

Months had gone by, Inej and Gwen have almost never been better.

They didn't keep their relationship exactly a secret, but they didn't yell it out to everyone. Jesper was happy for them, but Kaz didn't exactly give a reaction. Inej was fearful that he didn't approve, but Gwen kept soothing her that if he didn't, he probably would've said it already.

Frost sometimes went on jobs and Gwen took care of everyone's injuries after, they haven't had any major injuries, but small cuts or bruises. She has helped everyone, but Brekker. Every time after a job, he immediately left towards his office and it frustrated her a lot. She has understood the language of looks with him, when he gives her a look, she knows exactly what he wants from her.

Every time she would try to go in his office and ask if he needs something, he shrugs her off with a cold remark.

She and Jesper have become partners in crime, with her working at the bar and him sneakily sitting at tables and catching people who cheat. She is very observant and lot's of things catch her eyes as she serves them drinks like what's happening now.

Jesper walks up to the bar and orders "1 shot please gorgeous."

Gwen gives him a nod and starts pouring one while telling him "The fat and drunk guy at table 6 is using fake Zemeni coin, he handed me this one as payment, but it's clearly fake."

She gave the coin and shots to Jesper and his fingers twitched as he held the coin. She figured out weeks ago that he was grisha, the signs were obvious and it wasn't only because he always said 'saints'. He doesn't know that she knows, but she wanted to wait for him to tell her himself.

Jesper pocketed the coin and grabbed the shots while giving a nod to Gwen.

She starts pouring drinks for other people that ordered while also giving them a fake smile.

Doesn't Jesper trust us? He still hasn't told us yet and it concerns me that he doesn't

Gwen whispered under her breath while cleaning "Did you forget we are Fjerdan? Maybe he's scared that we will hate him or something, just give him time."

Mm, I'm still concerned, but whatever I guess. Look! Jesper's confronting the drunk guy.

Gwen looked over and tried to listen in.

"-The Lucky Nine casino up the block has had trouble with counterfeit coin lately" Jesper explained as he held the coin in between his fingers "Heavy, but brittle."

The drunk guy holds up his arms and asks the gamemaker "Oh, come on, now. I've been here for hours. My money is good, no?"

Jesper smiles and reveals "Zemeni coin can take a bullet. But the knockoff..." He flips the coin in the air and shoots a whole through it "Busted."

The drunk guy starts exclaiming nonsense "What does that prove?" When guards start to grab him by the arms he yells out "Hey! Wait! What are you doing? Get off me!"

Jesper smirks and starts to grab the money on the table, until a cane stops him.

Gwen's eyes widens and silently laughs at Jesper's face.

The cane revealed to be Kaz and he warns Jesper "No loud noises at the table, Jesper" He leans in for the dramatic effect "You'll scare off the pigeons"

Jesper pursed his lips and holds up his hands in surrender "Wouldn't want that boss."

Kaz's eyes flicker to the door as he questioned "Shouldn't you be on the door?"

Jesper immediately nods in defeat "Yeah, right away boss."

Jesper gets up and walks to the door as Kaz turns around with the intent on going to his office, only to be stopped by Rotty.