Chapter 12

Zion woke up to find it's dark and Nevin was no longer around. He left without even waking him up, without even saying goodbye. The entire room was clean, leaving no trace of what happened to the two of them last night. The only silent witness between them was the condoms and it's wrappers that were in the trash.

He spent a rough, beautiful night with Nevin but he is expecting him to be waiting for him to wake up and they will talk. He took a cold shower to clear up his mind and amble down his kitchen to grab some bite.

He tried looking up to his neighbor trying to catch a glimpse of Nevin but he was disappointed he didn't see him nor his shadow all throughout the weekend.

He was grumpy when he get back to office on Monday. The first thing he hears is Nevin's voice asking their clerk if Drew is back. That angered him, the nerve of this person to look for other man when they have spent a wonderful night together.

'Is drew back yet from Manila,' Nevin asked the clerk with sad voice. He is pensive and with a sad look in his face.

'He hasn't returnes yet and he extend his stay in Manila until Thursday. You miss sweetie time with him, hmmm?' The clerk teased Nevin.

Nevin just plop himself on his chair and stared blankly on his computer. Nothing seem is right for him this day. Paul went to his desk to ask about how was his weekend.

'Hey! Are you ok? Hows your weekend without Drew?' Paul teased. He ignored Paul!instead he sulks more.

Zion overheard everyone in the office teasing Nevin because he was sad and always looking out the window. How can he think of that dork, when I am here near him, seethe Zion by himself.

Zion reminded everyone about that afternoon meeting, he was expecting Nevin to answer him but this guy keep on avoiding meeting Zion gaze.

After lunch which Nevin didn't take, he gather all the necessary folder he prepared for the meeting. As one by one file up to inner office, he followed thru. On his lap lay the folder containing his financial projections and his outlines for several publicity schemes he wanted to put forward. He had spent all weekend working on the projects, painstakingly typing out columns of figures, and he was forced to admit that the situation was even worse than he had imagine. If the canning company cancelled their commercial-as they had threatened-it would be catastrophic. He sighed and tried to arrange his thoughts.

Zion was getting up. Today he was wearing an immaculate navy suit, looking every inch the invincible businessman, his eyes glittering over him and he wonders why he can see anger on his yes. What was the matter with Zion? Why is looking at him like he has made the greatest mistake in the world? Isn't he happy I'm not making fuss over that Friday fiasco? he asked himself in dismay as awareness flooded through him. Hard though he had tried to think of excuses for Zion's behavior, he could not deny his response to Zion's dynamic sexual magnetism. The knowledge shocked and frightened him, making his hands tremble as he straightened his papers.

'Right, if everyone's ready?' No one disagreed. Zion glanced round the room, then leaned forward, resting his palms on top of the desk.

As far as Nevin could see he had not prepared any notes-certainly he wasn't reading from anything, but the verbal castigation he gave them came with all the decimating impact of a hail of machinegun fire.

Lack of enthusiasm, lack of initiative, lack of co-ordination between the various departments, no apparent attempt to get out and get the station noticed; the list was endless.

They were all guilty, Nevin thought remorsefully. His speech had opened his eyes to areas of deficiency he had previously been completely unaware existed. When he had finished he looked at them.