Chapter 4.

With a loud bang, the tall man smashed his greatsword to the ground. The blond man, the elf noticed rather quickly, jumped back and fully unsheathed his glowing dagger. The crowd murmured at the sight of the rare artifact and Aaesteria's eyes widened. In no less than a few seconds, the blond man had severed the tall man's blade. "Well, I really hope that wasn't your biggest sword." Everyone applauded, although most bet on the wrong person and got their show. The big man ran away crying while everyone just mocked and laughed at him. If it were really that fair, none of them would have won against that blade. "Anyone else?"

"What was that?" Callum asked surprised. "A sunforge blade." "I wonder where he got it from..." Aaesteria murmured to herself. "Wow! I do not believe it! I saw a sunforge blade! Uhm, what's a sunforge blade?" Now Aaesteria spoke up: "Sunfire Elves can make magical weapons in Xadia, at least in my day." "Yes, they stay hot, like they've been in the forge for centuries. Do you see that? Magical runes are engraved on the scabbard to protect the wearer from the heat. Because without it would, well..." "Would his pants burn?" Aaesteria laughed. "Yeah, and his legs too." Rayla said with a smile. "Rayla, Aaesteria! If that blade cuts through metal like it's just butter, shouldn't it be able to cut just about anything?" The brown haired prince asked. Little Aaesteria scratched her head. "Well, not everything-" "Not pretty much everything, it can cut through everything!" Now Rayla seemed to understand what Callum wanted. "My bond!" "Your what?!" Aaesteria asked immediately to make sure her ears stopped watering. "Long story, Rayla, you have to get the dagger!" There was Aaesteria again. "Yes, exactly! And when you're done with it, give it to me!" Callum looked at her confused. "Why do you need it?" "Because my dagger is still rotting at the bottom of the lake, you can't always solve everything with magic!" "I'll get it, but what about the egg?" "We'll take care of it, see you here again." Rayla nodded. "But how are you going to get Dagger?" Rayla grinned. "I'll ask nicely"

"Are you coming too, Asta?" The elf raised an eyebrow. In the meantime she had assumed her original form again. "Asta? Sweet. No, I have to get some things. A simple transfiguration spell has already drained me, meaning my connection to the stars is weak. Maybe there's banister weed hiding somewhere..."

A time later...

"And how did it end?" Aaesteria asked as she sat down next to Rayla. "Here for you, unfortunately it didn't work..." Aaesteria sighed, but put the dagger away. "Show me, maybe I can help." "How are you supposed to help me?" Softly, the older of the two looked at Rayla. "You know...I grew up with a moonshadow elfs, she was quite a skilled illusionist. Rayla hesitated, then she gave the other elf her hand. "I know you don't trust me because you don't really know me. But I really want to help you, and if you can't see me as a friend, then at least as a helper." She said, looking into Rayla's violet eyes. "It's not like I don't like you, just...me I just want peace and back home." "Me too, I really miss my big brother. Nevermind. Your hand well. I think there is nothing I can do. They have developed the bond further, if you had one from 300 years ago I could do it without any problems. I'm sorry, but I can stop it and maybe reset it a bit. And if that doesn't work I can make your pain go away." "Rayla! Aaesteria! And?" "It didn't work, but Aaesteria can stop it. But please tell me that you have achieved something!" ,,Well...."