Chapter 21

The new season of TDP will come out this year, and I'm so excited for Aaravos and Virens realationship! I watched the first episode when I was like 9? I don't know anymore, I was quite young Hahaha, but I really enjoyd it. And I hope you all will enjoy my FF and the jorney of our Aaesteria in the future! Love, Mephisto

"Come on! We have to keep going. We're so close to the border!" The rain got worse the further the small group followed the path. And before Aaegaon remembered that she could control the water, they were already completely soaked. "Callum will be very ill if we don't. I won't stop. In fact, his condition is already quite critical!" Aaegaon had raised one hand to protect her from the rain and placed the other gently on her shoulder. "We could be in Xadia in a few hours!" The tall man signed and shook his head. "I know we're close, Rayla, but Callum is really not looking well!" Callum's skin had become very pale and had purple circles adorned the thin skin under his eyes. He was playing with things he didn't understand, and now he had to suffer. He had to suffer like every person who worked dark magic. Aaegaon could help him. He could stop the suffering of the boy now, but he wouldn't do it. He would not absorb the dark magic into his body. This could have a really negative impact on his magic. He really liked the group, but he wasn't willing to suffer for them. "It's his own fault for messing with dark magic!" "Mhmm-hmm. Yes you are right. We have to move on." "Shut up, Callum. You should really save your energy-" Callum stumbled and fell to the hard ground. "For fucks sake. He'll break his neck before we reach Xadia! Let's look for a cave or something."

After a little while, they found a perfect cave. Aaegaon gently lowered Callum and pushed his bag under his head. "Right now I would need my dagger! Fuck.", the elf mumbled and rummaged in his bag. "Your dagger? Why would you need your dagger?" Rayla asked, scratching the back of her head nervously. "I'm so uncomfortable." "Uncomfortable with your choice to use dark magic, perhaps?" Rayla hissed angrily. "Don't talk, that works for all of you by the way." Ezran turned his brother's head slightly. "Better?" He rolled restlessly on the spot. "So uncomfortable..-" Aaegaon put his right hand on his forehead and immediately he lay still. "The sun is down, and the moon is high. Baby yawns wide with a sleepy sigh.

The sky fills up with stars that blink.

Baby's eyelids start to sink.

The Ocean kisses the Earth goodnight. The waves say hushhh ... little baby, sleep tight." he sang gently and always drew the same rune in the air with his left hand. "I know this song...Isn't it a Lulababy for little elfs in Xadia?" He smiled. "Yes, at least in my childhood. My brother used to sing it for me. I had a really bad sleep problem. With a little bit of magic it becomes a sleeping spell. This way Callum's mind can at least get some rest and he won't die of a heart attack." Out of nowhere, a black blanket, symbolizing the night sky, materialized and fell on Callum's shaking body. "We have to keep him warm. The whole black Magic pulls on his body, that always happens when someone uses black magic for the first time. It's completely normal." Aaegaon stood up and spread his utensils on the floor. "My dagger has the power to 'cut a bond'. I could cut the bond between the dark magic and Callum which is currently forming." He sighed dejectedly. Aaravos would be so angry if he heard that he had lost the dagger he had made for him. Ezran and Rayla saw each other without a word. The dagger was in Callum's pocket. "How do you know so much about dark magic and what it does to the body?" He stopped his movement and continued to crumble the crystal. "I knew the first dark magician, Ziard was his name. He was the lover of my brother. An interesting man, I have to admit." He didn't seem to like talking about this topic. "My brother....He gifted him the great present of wisdom. The wisdom about the magic even he, a normal human being, could use. Aaravos didn't expect this kind of side effect and called me for help when he collapsed. I was more interested in healing and the spiritual sciences, and he was more interested in the natural sciences. And that wasn't according to the rules of nature, at least not the nature we knew. In the end he survived, and that made them both tell more people about it. This kind of magic is extremely attacking on the mind, it's almost like it's eating the brain from the inside," he murmured and sighed. Aaravos really loved Ziard, maybe even more than his little sibling. "What happened to this Ziard?" Rayla sat down next to him and watched him at his work. "Oh he died. The old king of Xadia burned him because of the dark magic, or something like that. However, the dragon went blind at the same time Wait, because of a fireball that Ziard shot back to protect the city, Elarion? I really don't know anymore. So he lost the throne and Ziard lost his life. My brother was the strongest person I knew. He never cried, never lost a fight or even a game of chess. That was the first, and last, time I saw my brother cry and need me. He needed me for the first time in my life." He drew circles in the dust. "He never loved anyone like that again. From that point on he focused all his love, attention and time on me. So that he didn't lose me too. He became different...I can't find the right word for it." His voice trembled slightly, and for a second it seemed as if a small child was sitting in front of the two of them. But this illusion disappeared as quickly as it came. " Ezran, dear! Give that to your brother." Aaegaon held out a wooden bowl. "Come on, he needs this."