Chapter 11.

The loud whirring of metal blades was the first thing Aaesteria heard as she emerged from the crystal clear water. "What the hell?" she asked herself quietly and stepped out of the stone basin. "Can I never recharge in peace?" she sighed annoyed. Carefully she stroked through her white-wait? She grinned contentedly, her hair had been dyed pearlescent, which faded into various shades of purple and was streaked with golden strands. Satisfied, she looked at her reflection, her skin was no longer purple-blue. Her skin had turned into an indigo, turquoise, golden firework. Satisfied, she stroked her face, golden lines ran delicately through her hand. The hum grew louder. "I think...I'll check..."

When the fully charged elf reached the source of the noise, nobody really noticed her. Rayla and a blond young man fought, a jet black haired young woman staggered back slightly. At first she just wanted to watch, but when Rayla was roughly thrown into the mud, she decided to get involved. ,,Rayla! Do you need a helping hand?"

Rayla turned her head to the familiar voice in relief, but her eyes widened in surprise. "I'll take that as a yes." As she emerged from behind the tree, time seemed to stand still. It wasn't like they couldn't move, but her urge to survive compelled her to stand still. Gently, she stretched Her hand out. "I'm so sorry to end your miserable life like this." She clenched her hand into a fist and the two humans went down. 

,,ASTERIA! STOP!" Callum sprinted from wherever to the four. "Why should I? You tried to kill Rayla!" Despite her indignation, she loosened her fist slightly, "I can explain that to you all! Please let her go!" The elf looked at him and nodded. "K."

While Aaesteria helped Rayla up, the two strangers got up, coughing. Soren raised his sword in Aaesteria's direction. ,,Stop! We're all friends!" Callum exclaimed, slightly desperate. "Excuse me?! You tried to kill Rayla!" "You tried to smother us!" The Archmage snapped back, "Self-defense!" "Okay, okay! Calm down everyone! let me explain. First of all I don't know where you are from but it's nice to see you. Claudia and Soren!" The startouch elf looked at him in shock. "Do you mean that seriously?! Callum, are you stupid?! They attacked me!" Rayla said angrily. "Bab-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-b! Yes, they are two good friends of mine and I'm happy to see them! But not about chasing after my new friends Rayla and Aaesteria! Which coincidentally-" "Those are elfes!" Soren interjected angrily. "Careful, we can repeat that from before!" the Archmage hissed. "But good elfes!" "What do you mean by that?!" Rayla asked angrily.. "She kidnapped you and Prince Ezran too, one of them is definitely not good!" Aaesteria, surprised by the stupidity of some people, took a deep breath Air. "Nobody was kidnapped! We went with her voluntarily! Listen: It's getting late, let's go to sleep and calm down. If I can't convince you by tomorrow morning that we're on the same side, you can keep fighting!" Aaesteria stood there, completely perplexed. "You want to take them to the Moon Nexus?! Are you crazy?! How do you want to become a magician when you're so naive?!", the magician spat and disappeared furiously into the thicket. "Asta's right! But do what you want." Rayla said and followed her friend.

"That looked very confident Callum, even though your hair is messy!" While the humans walked on the ground, the elves silently followed them over the trees. "I swear by the moon, tomorrow morning I'll make sure that they disappear!", whispered Rayla, Aaesteria remained silent. Did she overreact? That really wasn't very polite....But Callum was too naive, he would probably regret that.

The next morning.

,,Wow! You look pretty!" Curious, Ezran stroked the elf's pearly hair. She giggled. "Thank you!" She laughed and tickled the boy. Ezran laughed and tried to break free. ,,Tell me why Callum looks so lovely at Claudia:"she asked, slipping in beside him, "He likes Claudia!" "I don't like her!" Callum yelled so loud that even the Moiren could have heard him, and continued to tousle his hair. Aaesteria twitched the shoulders. "Tell me, Aaesteria do you-uh like someone?" Aaesteria looked at him. "Hmm..." She thought about it, then blushed bright red. "Um..." she stuttered, covering her face with her slender hands. "So yes?" Aaesteria nodded quickly. "Who?" Callum asked interested. "His name was Aastris, he was a good friend... But... I think he's dead..." Ezran looked at her confused. "Why do you think that?" Aaesteria sighed. "We Startouch Elves have our own cosmos where we can retire, recharge, or just sleep. From there we can see the cosmos of other Startouch elves. The problem is that I couldn't see his and my brother's anymore." Ezran and Callum were silent. "Now enough chatting! We're going to breakfast now!"

The others were already waiting for the three at the breakfast table, only Claudia and Soren were missing. They came not long after either, and even with a little surprise! "Pancakes!" Everyone cheered, only Rayla and Aaesteria looked a bit confused when Claudia put the pastries on their plates. "What's that?" said Aaesteria, poking around in it. "You don't know what?!" the black-haired witch asked in surprise. "I've been trapped under water for a few centuries, I guess it's natural I don't know such a thing..." "Just try it!"

"Mhmmmm!" the two elves murmured, mouths full. "I have to admit, they taste damn good." Aaesteria nodded in agreement, but her mouth was full and she said nothing. "Mega fluffy, right?" chuckled Claudia. "How do you get them so soft- What is that?!" There was a loud click from the bushes beside the stone table. "I know that sound from somewhere! But where from...?" Aaesteria stood up calmly, but smiled excitedly like a small child. "That's a friend!" That was all she said and the rest just watched with interest. She knelt carefully on the floor and clicked. "Hasso, come on, come on!" The clicking grew louder, and a centipede about the size of Zym crawled out of the bushes. "What a good boy! Have you found me?" Claudia's eyes lit up. "A star crawler! Aren't they extinct long ago?" Aaesteria then let purple centipedes, with star-like markings, wrap themselves around her arm, and trotted back to her seat. "Hasso is one of the first of his kind, he's probably hiding somewhere and went to sleep!" Rayla and Callum looked at each other. That was the cattle that Aaesteria had brought to them across the water! "I got a bit of his Blood? I can cast super spells with it-" "Forget it!" she hissed, and the centipede hissed at her. "How about we fight for it!" Aaesteria raised an eyebrow. ,,Ah? And how?" she asked interested. "We're magicians! Let's see who's stronger!" Rayla laughed out loud and only got confused looks. "Well, but what do I get for it?", she asked and cocked her head. "Um...What do you want?" Aaesteria considered, and eyed the human mage. "Your bracelets are really cute!" "Yes! I found them in a ruin!" Aaesteria clapped her hands. ,,Deal! A little practice never hurts!"

"After that we can go back home, with the egg of course!" Claudia suggested. Rayla made a face, of course that would come up again. "The egg isn't there anymore!" Ezran said, slipping off the chair . "The egg isn't there anymore?" Claudia asked angrily. "You'll see it in a moment!" A faint noise was heard, similar to that of a puppy. "Zym, look I have a new friend for you!" Aaesteria called when Ezran came back with the dragon. Claudia almost fell over in surprise.