chapter 8

I move currents to shoot myself through the ocean at high speeds. Keeping an eye out above the water for any sight of any Featherscale's. I am Dew an fierce and loyal Tidestream in the army.

I am not currently with the squadron that I am apart of, and unfortunately I am not the leader of my squadron.

I know that king Mako and Queen Manta are not the only leaders since there are multiple sub species of my tribe around the islands in the large sea that Palera was located in.

Tropical Tidestream's, deep Ocean Tidestream's and the more normal ocean Tidestream's.

I shoot up above the water gliding above the water for a little while water raining of my scales.

The breeze feels kinda nice against my scales but I prefer the water.

I see an albatross flying over head. I splash back into the water.

I probably should get back to the city.

I take an very suddenly turn to the current to flow back towards the main kingdom of my tribe.

I hope that soon I'll get an better position then just being a soldier, maybe a commander I would love to have more of an say in this war, it'd be over sooner with us on top if I was just allowed more of an say.

I'm willing to do anything to gain a higher position. No matter how many dragons I need to kill.

I gave already killed many dragons in my life especially Featherscale's.

Schools of fish zipped past under me.

I slow down the current as I get closer to the the tropical city us Tidestream's live in.

I travel along the path of the town heading off to my own home. I would love an house closer to the palace where I can be ready quicker if the King and Queen needed anything.

I was yet to find any sort of pet I speak the language of.

Some Tidestream's never found any sort of creature but he was perfectly fine with him if he never got creature.

I am ready to claim the power I deserve no matter what it costs or how many creatures I need to kill.

The power belongs to me not weak dragons like Aquamarine and her sister.

I swim inside my house. I have swords daggers and a variety of other weapons scattered around the main room. I work to master every weapon known to dragon kind.

I keep plenty of weapons in my house for when I need to use them.

When I will head out with the squadron I keep pouches of throwing knifes and a few daggers on me at all times, for when I inevitably need them.

I grab a dagger from my pile of dull weapons to sharpen. There is an collection of stones I'd sharpen my weapons on. Of course I also sharpen my claws on the stones.

I smirk as I sharpen the blade and my own claws on one of the stones.

I then turn and slashed a bit of wood I use to test the sharpness of weapons.

I smirk again when the wood broke apart against my own strength. It was my general goal to be the strongest Tidestream around.

I had some pretty obvious nicks in my ears from previous battles with Featherscale's.

I didn't hate the scars I was proud of them, they showed that I wasn't scared to get into any fights.

I continue to sharpen the different weapons I have lying around so the weapons will be back to being usable in battle.

It was just that some of them were far too dull to use for anything but toss em.

Mako had been the one who chose where I am in the army and whether I am an Squadron leader, he had said that I was too aggressive and power hungry. Why was being aggressive a bad thing to King Mako?

I have often thought that Mako was so wrong about what he thought about me and my ways.

Manta seemed to hold plenty of interest in me and had been talking about potentially promoting him to be a captain.

I just hope that I'll be able to become one of the captains since it'd be one step towards becoming a role almost as high as the King and Queen.

I set the dagger I held onto one of the many piles.

The weapons had enough weight to them to not going floating around my home and cause a hazard to myself or anyone who potentially came into my house.

I'll need to collect a new piece of driftwood to test my claws and weapons on.

I swim out of my house to catch some fish for some food then get a new piece of driftwood.

I grab a salmon and ate it while keeping swimming along I swim closer to the surface to look for any driftwood.

I need a strong piece to use for a while before it inevitably breaks like all my enemies.

I eventually find a good tough piece. I bring it back to my home.

I set the driftwood in place beside my sharpening stones.

I used to have a problem with my claws twitching a lot but I had trained that awful quirk out. Well at least in public I still have my claws occasionally twitch when I'm alone.

I catch my claws twitching and taping against the table and stopped myself. Getting distracted by a dragons own claws could show weakness. And I hate showing weakness.

I rake my claws against the table. It left indents across the stone of the table.

A small grin formed on my face when I got to see an idea of how sharp my claws really are.

Next I just need to show some dragon how truly powerful I am and how good of an idea it'd be to give me a position of power, since that was obvious the best idea.

I'm strong and good with an assortment of weapons and I keep my claws unnaturally sharp, probably about as strong as Winterhorn claws.

I decide to take a look about the Featherscale island ruins see if I can find any lone Featherscale's to take on for some fun.

I stretch my claws as I swim. My tail flicking back and forth. I bring myself quickly to the ruins of the Featherscale island. I swim in the water around the remains of the island keeping my eyes on the sky.

I have been getting quite the feel for the ruins as of recently, maybe I'll be able to lead an sneak attack if I can find the palace or somewhere special to the Featherscale's.

I eventually find myself a lone Featherscale to fight coming out of a hole in the island side.

I launch up and slashed at the face of this Featherscale. They attempt to dissappear from view but the blood oozing from the claw wounds gave their position away.

"Can't use the invisibility to hide from me little Featherscale." I taunt.

I leap forward grabbing a hold of where the neck should be on the invisible dragon and bite down hard.

The Featherscale suddenly came back into view letting out a shriek. I had gotten their shoulder not their neck.

Fishtails!. I mentally cursed.

But after a few minutes I finish the job killing the Featherscale.

"You should just all bow down to us Tidestream's." I growl.

I write using the blood of the dead Featherscale. "Come willingly to the Tidestream island and place your loyalty in Queen Manta and the death well end".

One step closer to victory.