Chapter6

We loaded up the car and left, there was two more cars we've never seen pull up and nod to Dominic. "Ok guys load up and we can head that way." He ran out looking out for people scavenging for us.

We packed the car, hoped in, then drove away. I sat next to Asher in the back. He was quiet staring out the window. We sat in silence for a while. I tried multiple times to start conversation but made it obvious he didn't want to talk.

It had been around twenty five minutes when we got to a forrest like area. The driver looked back at us before driving into the forrest. Tall green trees with trunks covered in moss. There were a few birds higher up in the tree chirping there sweet melodies.

"We're here." The driver smiled into the mirror before unlocking the door and stepping out.

What do you mean we're here? We are in the middle of a forrest. I look back at Asher, he had fallen asleep on the ride over.

"Are you sure?" I rolled down the window and asked thinking it might have been some mistake and to not jump to conclusions.

"Yea it doesn't look like it but you'll see." He grabbed some of the bags before putting them in a pile on the grass. He started picking up sticks and throwing them to the side. I thought about booking it but I couldn't leave my friends behind.

I stepped out and mapped out where we were in my head just in case "So wheres the house or like building we'll stay in."

"Oh its under the stick pile."

What did he mean under the stick pile? He had already been removing them for quite some time how was there still so many. I keep looking back at Asher to see if maybe he would wake up and help.

I just gave a small grin at him. I didn't want to come across rude so I went to go help him. The pile got smaller but still wasn't looking hopeful

Then another car pulled up. It was the one Ruth, Levi, and Dominic were in. They hoped out and walk over to me.

"Wheres Asher?" Ruth asked still glaring intently at Dominic. Levi crouched down and picked up a caterpillar he had spotted. He smiled at it studying its patterns.

"He's in the cat he feel asleep and I didn't want to wake him from his nap." I picked up a few more sticks throwing them to the side. There was a slight silhouette of what seemed to be a door.

Five minutes go by and we finally got all the sticks off of the door. The driver grabs a key putting into the lock of the door and opening it for us. Ruth grabbed her's and Levi's bag since he was too occupied with the caterpillar.

I went back over to the car softly tapping Asher on his shoulder. He started to wake up a bit so I grabbed the rest of the stuff and brought the rest of the stuff out.

"So here we are." He brushed the rest of the sticks and dust off the door, then took out a key from his pocket. There was a long spiraling staircase going underground. "They'll never find you I promise."

Ruth and Levi went down, Dominic was next to go down followed by me and Asher. We had grabbed about half the stuff we brought but then we heard the door slam shut and was locked.