Chapter 7

We all jumped, Levi started to tear up already. Dominic ran to the top of the stairwell and banged on the door.

"This wasn't the deal! Let us out!" Dominic shouted at the top of his lungs. His voice overwhelmingly filled up the empty space echoing from wall to wall.

Asher ran up next to him "You heard him open the door up!" Asher screaming even louder. He punched the door several times before running out of energy.

After they stopped we all heard the cackling of the driver. "Oh you poor souls, running from the law." He said in a way teasing us. He continued laughing.

"I can give you money you know I have it just let them go!" Dominic said losing hope

"Oh im afraid thats not enough anymore," He said as he stood up and looked through the key hole, "My best friends son, Peter Darell, was chosen. He, his father, his sister, and many more were killed. My best friend was killed!" He stabbed a knife through the door only landing inches away from Dominics head. We could here his voice, the anger in his voice scaring even Ruth.

"Please you don't have to do this." Dominic tried saying it in a calm voice after being so shaken by him.

"He died, his little kids, them brutally murdered! And y'all get to get off Scott free? No! No! No not on my watch!" He pulled his knife back before standing up and getting back into his car driving away.

What will they do to us now? We ran away they'll hurt us even more. My thought ran wild. I couldn't think straight. Tears ran down everyones face as we all joined each other in the center.

"It's all my fault I shouldn't have trusted him I'm so sorry." Dominic whispered wiping tears from his eyes.

"No its mine I couldn't protect y'all well enough." Asher said scooting next to me pulling me into his loving arms.

"Please don't blame yourselves I should have ran off by myself or turned myself in I never wanted to get y'all involved" I pressed my face into Asher's chest.

"It's no ones fault the government does this. No ones." Ruth said. She was shaking, tears flooding her cheeks. Her shirt catching a few of them.

We all gathered together keeping each other close.

No one spoke. No one moved. No one did anything for as long as we could tell. It was dead silent in there. You could hear a pen drop no matter what part of the underground house you were standing in.

A car pulled up and parked. We jumped at the sound looking at each other knowing this would be the end. We heard someone step out their heels crunching leaves as they walked over to the door.

"Please open it my babies in there." A soft spoken feminine voice came from outside. I stood up quickly the others trying to keep me with them in case it was a trap. I slipped through their grasp and ran to the door.

The door clicked and swung open. My mom pulled me into her. Finally I was reunited. "Where did you go I was so worried!" I fall in her arms melting into her feeling safe at last.

"Oh baby it's ok." She rubbed my back trying to soothe my nerves. "There there your all better now." She said. She lifted her off my back before stabbing a needle into it.

I stepped back "Ow what was that?" She had already pushed down the syringe before I pulled it out of my back and threw it onto the ground. I started getting light headed and dizzy. My vision blurred collapsing back into her arms.

"Get the rest of them now." Was the last thing I heard before blacking out.