Calathea [Chapter-1]

Light.

What?

Where did light come from?

It was supposed to be dark.

Yu ZiYuan didn't know. It had been years. How many, she didn't know. To her it felt like nothing. She didn't know time. She didn't need to. There was no point in it.

The light was really bright. Yu ZiYuan felt annoyed. It was her nature. She squinted her shut eyes a bit and opened them.

Huh?

A ceiling?

Where did this come from?

Where was she?

How in the world did she end up here?

When did she do something as immoral as taking someone else's body? She didn't do anything like that.

'I didn't take someone else's body. Did someone summon me somewhere?'

Yu ZiYuan didn't know if she was alive or dead at first. But upon feeling a few injuries on her bodies, she felt that she was alive.

Sigh.

'What happened? Didn't I die at the massacre of Lotus Pier? Where am I? How am I even here? Did someone summon me back to the living world?'

Turns out, yes. Someone did summon her back to earth.

Yu ZiYuan tried to feel the golden core of the person to check if the owner of this body was a cultivator or not.

Turns out that yes, the actual owner of the body was a cultivator, not a strong one, but at least there was a golden core.

Yu ZiYuan sighed. She didn't know what to think of this situation. She needed to assess what was going on, how and why exactly she was summoned here?

She didn't have to search much longer as she found a note.

It was that of the original owner of the body.

According to the note, Yu ZiYuan found out quite a bit of information.

First and foremost, this woman, no, girl, was just a 16 year old. Her name was Xiao MingYu. And...well...she is a bullied disciple.

Sigh.

What has the world come to? Now people even bully disciples of a sect? Why?

It seems that her mother is dead, and her father is abusive of her, thus she doesn't get any defence of her behalf from either side of being bullied. The bullies didn't let her stay at Koi tower, thus she was forced to live in her house. Her father drinks all the time and lives life astray. She earned a bit money by doing a job at a restaurant and that is how things had been going up until the day she suicided.

She didn't have a place to run away to. So she didn't know what to do. Except this.

Bringing up another soul to take revenge on her behalf. And as she was a female, she really couldn't bring herself to summon a male cultivator. And thus as a strong female cultivator, the former Madam of the Jiang sect ended up here in the body of a girl who barely has a golden core.

Sigh. Yu ZiYuan needed to first meditate and activate this golden core more.

But that could come a bit later. It seems that the girl was actually a disciple of the Jin sect.

...Why does every problem revolve around that sect?

Well, it seems Xiao MingYu was thoughtful enough to right the names of the people who bullied her so that Yu ZiYuan could get revenge on her behalf. And the first thing that came in Yu ZiYuan's mind was
'Am I worth a second chance?'