Camellia [Chapter-6]

6 a.m in the morning.

Yu ZiYuan was meditating when Jin Ling woke up as well. He yawned and spoke, "Good morning."

Yu ZiYuan smiled at him, "Good morning."

Jin Ling was still yawning, "When did you get up?"
"Just fifteen minutes ago."

Jin Ling yawned again, "Alright. I will get ready." Yu ZiYuan smiled, "Sure. I am ready to go."

Jin Ling got up and freshen himself out. He was a bit nervous, but not that worried. After all, he had a variety of connections with Cloud Recesses even without his identity as Young Master Jin.

Yu ZiYuan packed her own books up and looked at Jin Ling, "Ready?"
"Yep. Let's go."

Two figures walked towards the classroom together.

The first class was, unexpectedly, talisman class. Jin Ling made a sick face when he heard it, because he knew who was going to teach them about talismans.

Yu ZiYuan was rather surprised about it and asked, "What happened?"
"The first class is talisman class."
"And?"
"And? Shijie, don't you know? The best person suited to teach us about talismans is no other than Wei WuXian. He is an expert in talismans."

Yu ZiYuan's eyes widened. But of course, there was nothing to be surprised at. Wei WuXian had invented a whole another path of cultivation. So this much was nothing. She smiled, "Is there anything wrong with that?"
"I am worried about the class is all. He is gonna make a mess of things."

Yu ZiYuan didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

There was a melodic laughter and a cheerful, "Good morning, students. Ahhhh, it sure is early. I am still sleepy. I will never take the first class ever again. Anyways."

Jin Ling deadpanned, "See what I meant."

Yu ZiYuan could only smile awkwardly.

Wei WuXian came in and spoke, "Let us sit down. As you probably know, I am Wei WuXian. And I will be teaching you about talismans, spells and arrays."

Yu ZiYuan carefully listened. They were all skills that required to have no spiritual energy. If one knew how to activate it, then an ordinary man could activate these. Only high class spells, like the Lan silencing spell, required high practice and expertise. Sometimes they were even related to the clan.

Her mind started running in various directions.

'So, he started using resettlement energy, after being thrown into the burial mounds. The Wens threw him in there. That much is known by all. But what isn't known is, why he abandoned the orthodox path and invented demonic cultivation. Expertise in talismans, spells and arrays, skills that don't require spiritual energy.'

Suddenly something clicked in her mind.

'Not using spiritual energy, controlling resentment energy. Wei WuXian was always proud of his cultivation. He wouldn't abandon the use of spiritual energy so easily. He must have been forced to practice demonic cultivation to survive. In order to survive in the burial mounds, he had to control resentment energy.'

This was a wild theory, but it was quite possible.

'Did the resentment affect his core somehow? A Qi deviation? Or maybe...no...did Wen ZhuLiu melt his core? That would make sense. Without his golden core, he wouldn't be able to practice cultivation. But then...why wouldn't he tell anyone about it? If his core was simply crushed by Wen ZhuLiu, then there is no reason to hide it. There must have been a valid reason as to why he didn't reveal it even after being condemned for so long. If he just said that he didn't have a golden core, many would have understood his reason. Wei WuXian knows how to hide dark secrets extremely well, especially regarding himself.'