Dahlia [Chapter-7]

Yu ZiYuan was anxious.

This hunt. What was it for? Who were they going to hunt? Fierce corpses? It would be good to do so. She could have some practice.

What she feared was one thing.

Blowing up her cover.

Yu ZiYuan was more aware than anyone how brilliant Wei WuXian's genius brain worked. Whenhe suspected something, he always went to the bottom of it.

Wei WuXian knew of his own intelligence very well, and knew that his suspicions would never be just because of something random.

'Man what the fuck? Why am I getting anxious? So what if we are going hunting? There is no way he would suspect that I am Yu ZiYuan, right?'

Right?

'Ugh. This is such a headache.'

Wei WuXian saw the girl deep in thought under the magnolia tree and narrowed his eyes.

'She definitely gives the same vibe.'

But his thoughts reached at such an obscure point that he himself didn't want to believe it.

'Am I overthinking?'

Maybe he was.

Wei WuXian pulled a smile on his face and approached her, "MingYu."

Yu ZiYuan got startled, but then bowed, "Senior Wei."
"Are you nervous about the hunt?"
"Sort of. I am not that skilled."

What a lie. She was skilled. Her body wasn't that skilled though.

Eh...Anyways...

Wei WuXian laughed, "It's fine. It's just a few water ghouls. They appeared in the Biling Lake from outside."
"Ahhh I see."

Yu ZiYuan fell deep in thought. The first noticeable event that occurred before the war was the waterborne abyss in the Biling Lake.

Going there felt like a deja vu to her, even though she was not the one to encounter the waterborne abyss.

Wei WuXian noticed her thinking again and spoke, "MingYu, are you having problems staying here?"
"Uh? No. Not at all."
"I see."

Wei WuXian sighed. Then he spoke, "You see, you remind me of someone I knew a long time ago."

Yu ZiYuan stiffened. Wei WuXian noticed it, but acted like he didn't and continued to speak, "The hunt is tomorrow. So be sure to take lots of rest and food today, hmm?" He smiled.

Yu ZiYuan forced the corner of her lips to go up, "Yes yes definitely."

This was not going well. Wei WuXian spoke, "Well then, have a good day. It's time for class again. I will see you tomorrow."

The class Yu ZiYuan was in, was a mixture of many students of Xiao MingYu's age. They were full of vigour and excitement upon hearing that they would go hunting, but also worried and nervous.

Yu ZiYuan was probably the only one who was worried and nervous for a different reason. Jin Ling spoke, "Shijie? What is it?"
"Ah, I am just nervous is all."
"Oh don't worry. I am here, right? Nothing will happen to you."

Yu ZiYuan knew Jin Ling was a pretty skilled cultivator for his age. She smiled, "Thank you." But her worry didn't ease one bit.

The night went and passed.

Yu ZiYuan hoped with all her heart she wouldn't screw up.

'I won't screw up. Besides, nothing will happen if Zidian doesn't appear in my hands. No one will suspect.' She calmed herself down in the morning with meditation.