Begonia [Chapter-3]

Jin Ling arranged things for her to stay in the infirmary for a while. Yu ZiYuan was fairly happy with how righteous his grandson seemed to be.

Truth be told, she had been worried about how things had turned out. Judging by the fact that this was her grandson, at least a decade or more had passed already. Jin Ling looked no more than 14.

Yu ZiYuan was thinking such things when there was the voice of a female speaking, "Are you Xiao MingYu?"

The woman seemed harsh. She was not the first impression one would get of a healer. She seemed more of a cultivator than a healer.

[Yu ZiYuan should meet Wen Qing. XD]

Yu ZiYuan nodded.

It felt weird.

She was lying obviously. She wasn't Xiao MingYu. She was far from that girl in terms of mentality and nature.

But who would believe her if she said she was actually someone who got offered a body without her consent?

That rose another question in her mind. How did Xiao MingYu know about such a spell and array? Granted, the Jin sect specialised in arrays, but how did she, a simple disciple of the Jin sect, know about this?

She made a mental note to figure it out later.

But now to the present situation.

Jin Ling looked at her with a smile, "Guniang, please rest well. I will see to the case tomorrow morning. I will be going. Healer Ling, please take care of her. I will be leaving her in your care." He bowed and left.

Yu ZiYuan looked at the woman who was about to treat her wounds. She looked about 40, has a stern look on her face. She had burgundy eyes and long black hair tied up in a ponytail. She was wearing simple golden robes made of fine silk.

She spoke with a neutral voice, "Show me your wounds."

Yu ZiYuan nodded and lifted up her sleeves.

Ling Xiang looked at the wounds and her eyes widened a bit.

"Burn marks? How did you get them?"
"I was bullied. There are more all over my body."

There was an eerie silence. Ling Xiang nodded and brought out medicines and ointments from the shelf containing all sorts of medical supplies.

She spoke, "Where else are they?"

Yu ZiYuan didn't bother speaking and came down the bed. Ling Xiang was a bit surprised.

"You...what are you-"

Yu ZiYuan opened her robes, letting them slide on the ground. All that was left was a short under robe, revealing her bodily scars.

Under the moonlight spilling from the window, they looked especially vibrant. Ling Xiang was speechless for a long time before probing her by the hand, "Come here. Let me treat them now."

Yu ZiYuan didn't say anything else and obediently sat down on the bed, letting her wounds get treated.

She was in her own thoughts.

Yu ZiYuan was in the LanlingJin sect, yet there had not been one word of her daughter, Jiang YanLi, or her son-in-law, Jin ZiXuan.

She absentmindedly asked the healer, "Healer Ling, may I ask you a few questions if you don't mind?"

Ling Xiang snorted, "Bored getting treated are well?"

Yu ZiYuan answered without hesitation, "There were very few instances where I got bored of peace. I usually didn't get to have much of it. So no. I really am just curious to know some things and I feel like now might be a good time to ask them, to a person like you."