Moonflower [Chapter-11]

Wei WuXian walked with unhurried steps. He seemed like he wasn’t too worried about meeting the sect leader of the Jiang sect.

However, Yu ZiYuan knew just how nervous the boy was. He tried to hide it as much as possible. And he was doing a damn good job. Yu ZiYuan didn’t know what to do.

What if something happened?
Something that they can't handle.

In any case, by the time Wei WuXian and Yu ZiYuan reached the Elegant room, Wei WuXian spoke, "Aunt Yu, I believe it’s best if you do not enter. You are still in the body of Xiao MingYu, it will cause controversy."

Yu ZiYuan nodded, "I understand that. However, you will tell me everything of what the conversation goes like. Is that alright, child?"
"Yes, Aunt Yu." Wei WuXian smiled softly. Yu ZiYuan returned the smile.

With that, they parted ways. Wei WuXian entered the Elegant room.

Yu ZiYuan, however, did not go away, and stood near the Elegant room, trying to catch any form of information.

However, she couldn't hear any.

'Silencing talismans.' Yu ZiYuan thought grimly.

There was no point in trying to get information if they were using them. She decided not to risk getting caught breaking the rules and started walking slowly in the opposite direction. But she didn’t go too far from there.

"Oi! What are you doing? I saw you sneaking around the Elegant room." It was a very bright voice, with a very obvious touch of youth. It was not a voice someone would expect in the Lan sect.

Yet, this person was a Lan by blood. Yu ZiYuan smiled at the familiar voice.

"Young Master Lan JingYi." she bowed.

"You needn't bow, Maiden Xiao. We are all peers." Lan SiZhui, who was adopted in the Lan sect, spoke perfectly like a Lan.

Yu ZiYuan really doubted who was the actual adopted child. Lan JingYi was definitely the most unLan Lan to have Lanned in the existence of Lans.

"I was simply talking with Senior Wei. As he had been called in the Elegant room, he bid me goodbye. Thus I came back."
"Senior Wei? What were you doing with him?" Lan JingYi raised an eyebrow.

"JingYi, that's rude to ask. She must have had been something important to ask him." Lan SiZhui slightly reprimanded the other boy, "We apologise, Maiden Xiao. Please enjoy the vacation." he nodded and bowed.

"I believe you said we are all peers." Yu ZiYuan stopped the bow with her hands.

It was not something people would do, especially in the Lan sect. But Yu ZiYuan developed a habit of doing it with Wei WuXian. Thus, upon seeing the same instances, she was unable to stop herself.

After doing what she did, she realised what she had done. And her eyes widened, along with Lan SiZhui's.

However, he didn’t take the action to heart, and smiled, "Yes, thank you." He straightened himself up.

_________________________________________

Wei WuXian stepped into the elegant room. And the first thing he noticed was Lan WangJi, Lan XiChen, Lan Qiren and Jiang Cheng sitting. Wei WuXian bowed, "Greetings to everybody. Apologies for my late arrival."

"No, it is fine. The disciples went late to inform you. You came rather quickly." Lan XiChen smiled.
"Uh...thanking brother-in-law for his kindness." He bowed again.

Lan XiChen sighed. He didn’t want Wei WuXian to be so formal with him, but he understood the reason. It was because Jiang Cheng was here as well.

If anything, Wei WuXian was being extra formal around the man in purple robes.