Chapter 4

It came to Kim's knowledge by accident… By Lop nonetheless… It was what Kim called "Lop's tendency to overshare".

Because Kamol never talked about the things he did for other people and since Kim was always on the hunt to get to know the man better, he kept stumbling on random things that made him fall harder in love with the man… irreversibly…

Since Kamol retired and took the role of the businessman, he had been heavy-handedly making sure he contributed to the community - a very specific side of it - to outside lookers, It looked like he was cleaning his slate and making amends with the good side of the world, but it was rather far from the truth…

The man grew up in a horrifying orphanage and if it wasn't for the fact that he made a run for it and was taken in by Ivan, things would have never ended well for any of them, everyone told Kim as much multiple times, how much they owe Kamol for ending that horrifying fate…

Nonetheless, He still didn't expect what Lop told him accidentally that day…

Kamol was in his firm as usual and Kim was currently working in his office with May… Lop was on his detail along with another guy… when Lop interrupted their meeting to inform him.

"I am going to the orphanage, Master Kim… Do you need anything before I go?"

May and Kim looked at Lop, both didn't seem to comprehend what he said… 

"Where ?"

Lop flinched while May excused himself… 

"The Orphanage in the suburban area… didn't Master Kamol call you about the change of details today?"

Kim shook his head and asked Lop to take a seat… He checked his phone for any messages from Kamol but found none.

"What Orphanage?"

Lop decided against telling Kim off, and it all came pouring out anyway… 

Kamol was sponsoring several orphanages in the city and outside, to ensure that they are giving proper care to children, moreover, He is making sure - in more than one way - that the kids were not mistreated, getting proper education, and sending job guidance their way once they came of age.

“Why is that the first time I ever heard about that ?”

Lop shrugged, He didn’t know why Kamol didn’t share it, he was under the impression that they share close to everything… 

“Does He ever go himself?”

“No… He doesn’t want to get attached to any of the children, or vice versa, but he keeps a really good track of them, even in life, to make sure they don’t stray, many of the workers in the company came from one of those, many of the men as well… They owe more than just their loyalty to Master Kamol…”

Kim nodded. He dismissed Lop to go finish the deed with a promise not to share with Kamol that anything was disclosed to Kim for any reason…

He might need to get to the bottom of this on his own…

-----

Kim thought about it all night before he knew who to talk to… 

Day… Day was the other right hand for Kamol… and unlike Khom he didn’t look at Kim as a master, but as a friend

he and Itt would tell the truth.

So under a fake pretense, he visited Day and Itt… and one thing led to another and then another after that till He asked the million-dollar question.