Chapter 31: Sink in the Lava

**Mature content ahead - reader discretion advised**

Illika

His lips meet mine.

Suddenly. Abruptly. Quickly. Without warning and with no words exchanged.

His lips meet mine and my head swirls. Spinning so fast. But I melt into that kiss, kissing him back. My lips move with his, tasting him on my tongue as I inhale. My arms wrap around him as my hands grip his shirt, pulling him closer.

His gloved hands find my waist, then pull me closer to him. I can feel his body heat through our clothes and the rise and fall of his chest. His breathing is teetering between steady and erratic, each breath causing him to flex his muscles.

I long to feel those muscles. To run my fingers along the groves like braille. To trace those lines. To see the shadows seep into those valleys like a river. To feel. To touch. To see. To taste. That is what I long for.

I break from the kiss and bring my lips to the hollow of his neck. I kiss the spot softly and sweetly, peppering his skin with butterfly kisses. He cocks his head back as his breathing becomes heavy. I can feel the weighted rise and fall of his chest and the way his heart beats.

Fast and fierce. I can feel each beat that slams against his ribs. It mirrors my own heartbeat. The erratic hammer of each thump. And the chills that race down my spine. My head is spinning. I don't know how he does this to me, but he does. And I thrive on it.

I move from his neck, kissing all the way to his collarbone. His body heat radiates against my lips, burning me with excitement. I can feel the twitch in my body. I want him. I want to feel him. I want to touch him. To taste him. To feel every bit that is him, and my fingers twitch with that anticipation and longing.

Slowly, my hands move, tracing down his clothed abdomen. Through his shirt, I can feel the flex and relaxation of his muscles with each hoarse breath he draws, and the dip and slope of each muscle. I run my hands up and down, feeling them. Tight and strong. That's how they feel.

But I want more.

I move closer, kissing lower on his chest as my hands start to reach for his waist. I gingerly hook my fingers over the hem of his pants. I wait, expecting him to stop me, but he's still standing there, gasping as I kiss him. It's such a sweet sound to hear. I like it. I like it a lot.

I smile and deepen the kiss against his skin, working my way back up to his neck, then latch my teeth. I bite down on his flesh, sucking as his breath hitches. My hands move steadily, hovering over his belt. I let it stay there for a moment before I slowly begin to undo it.

For a moment, he does nothing but continuously pant, but when he feels my fingers start to lift his shirt, the dynamic shifts. He pries me off him, practically flinging me, then catches me in his arms. His lips come to the hollow of my neck. He kisses the spot gently before pulling away.

His eyes meet mine, the final fleet of light reflecting in them as he pants. He looks at me, staring deep into my eyes before shaking his head.

"No," he says hoarsely. He moves closer, pressing his forehead to mine. "You don't get to touch me."

"But why not?" I pout, swallowing the gasps. "All I want is to see and feel you. Why can't I?"