Epilogue

Illika

Hands.

That's what I see. Hands. Hands cuffing his arms. Hands holding his sides. Hands clutching his shoulders. A hand hiding his face, beady red eyes peeking through the gaps. Crimson, like a fire burning, the flames reaching for the sky as thick smoke billows a dense black.

Maddening. Crazed. Dripping with a toxic venom that emanates from the hollowness of that stare. Like a rabid beast foaming at the mouth. A true monster dressed in human flesh.

He moves with his bare hand outstretched in front of him as he runs. All that he touches – and even beyond that – fall to ash, decaying as he passes. And though I can't see his face, I can't help but imagine the biggest smile bowing his lips. Almost like a child in a candy store.

Happy. Content. Free.

That is the celebration in his dash. It overflows with this electric energy that I can practically feel through the screen. Oh, and how I wish to be there, riding that high alongside him – alongside all of them.

To see this, to be watching them is awe wondering. Striking, even. I find myself jealous and envious. If only I could be there, watching as ash falls around me, encircled by the chaos that's ensuing. I'm sure that would be delicious.

We watch on, the little crowd and I. Our stares are all fixated on that screen, just watching and observing as hell falls over the scene.

The camera person fumbles with the camera as the helicopter carrying them hurry to move out of Tomura's reach. Honestly, I'm grateful for that. I want to see this. I want to watch the world burn. And I can't watch it if the crew responsible for recording meets the same fate as the countless people below.

And it's messy. All the destruction and debris. Collapsed buildings. Bodies – whether just unconscious or dead, I do not know – lay scattered across the ground. Clouds of ash and toxins. It's all a mess. Morbidly so, but I still watch, eyes trained on every move that flickers across that screen.

Who or what will I see next? They're all there. They're all raising hell. Every bit of it is them. Toga, Dabi, Twice, Spinner, and Mr. Compress. Look at them go, moving and working as a single unit, each with their own specialty. It's so beautiful.

Yet, my eyes always wander back to him. To Tomura. To the man leading the charge, raging with his own unique ability. Though Dabi's flame blaze a brilliant blue, I know there is a fire raging in Tomura's eyes. I can sense it. It sends shivers down my spine.

But as the screams echo somewhere in the distant darkness, I curl my toes and smile. And my heart beats against my chest.

I won't be bored anymore.

**Ello lovelies! So, that ending, eh? Lol don't worry! This is only the ending of book one. Book two (titled Her Forgotten ~Tomura Shigaraki x OC AU~) will be released Monday, March 27, 2023. It will be a continuation of the current story, so if you wanna see what happens between Tomura and Illika, then join us there! That said, please know I really do mean it when I say I appreciate any and all support. Seeing that people enjoy my work really brings me joy. I'm not a perfect writer by any means, but I am grateful! Thank you all so, so much! Until next time, stay groovy! Wuv yous!! <3**

-Noel Ross