The Rooftop

"It's quite surprising that you came to visit only two days after moving out." Mashiho said to his guest Junkyu, putting a glass of juice in front of him.

"Yeah, I know." Junkyu answered, taking the glass in his hand. He seemed pretty unstable, looking out of the window every second.

"Doyoungie's busy with his classes now. It'll take a few hours for him to get back." Said Mashiho, sitting down by Junkyu's side. "Do you mind waiting?"

"Hm? No." Junkyu smiled, "I'm not busy today."

"Good." Mashiho smiled too. "We can spend time together then."

"Um... Don't you have something to do? I mean, am I interrupting you or something?" Asked Junkyu, who came unannounced.

"What? No." Mashiho chuckled, "I'm glad that you came to meet me."

"Right." Junkyu nodded. He was hesitant, fidgety, and seemed not to pay much attention to Mashiho. The latter was smart, hence he realized soon that Junkyu's visit wasn't exactly because he wanted to meet Mashiho.

"Haruto came that day." He said, immediately catching Junkyu's attention, "I gave him the money."

"Oh... The money." Junkyu said, gulping down the sadness, "He returned it to me."

"Returned it??" Mashiho was surprised, "Why?"

Junkyu shrugged, "Did he say anything to you?"

"Nope." Mashiho answered, "I haven't seen him after that."

"He didn't visit you yesterday?" Junkyu asked.

"Uhu. Why would he?" Mashiho said, "He only visits like- on the first day of the month. To collect rents and all."

"Oh." Junkyu said, "He used to visit me everyday."

"That's because it's you." Said the short Japanese guy, "If I tell him you're here, he'd probably come here too."

"Then tell him." Junkyu said abruptly, confusing Mashiho to no bounds.

"Hm?"

"Tell him to come here." Junkyu said again.

"Didn't you move out because you didn't wanna see him anymore?" Mashiho asked, "You're opposing your own actions."

Junkyu leaned back in frustration. Honestly, he had no idea what he was thinking. On one hand, he was still mad at Haruto, but every time he remembered the sad face of Haruto from the last time, something in him wished to make that better. He at least needed to talk. He thought a million times of texting or even calling, but he couldn't. He was held back by his own ego. So he sought for an indirect way- to meet Mashiho and 'accidentally' meet Haruto afterwards. That would save his pride, as well as serve the purpose of talking to the tall Japanese landlord. But turns out, his plan was going downhill. Haruto wasn't going to come meet Mashiho without any reason.

"Alright, I'll tell him-" Mashiho took out his phone, but Junkyu stopped him, "Tell him that I'm here, okay? But don't tell him that I told you to do this."

"Okay..." The Japanese agreed. He did as told, texted Haruto saying that Junkyu was with him. The elder observed keenly. There was a tiny hint of fear that Haruto wouldn't visit him even after that, but he put that possibility aside. There was no way the younger wouldn't if he did love Junkyu for real.

But, Haruto didn't respond. He read the text, hours passed and he still had not knocked. With every passing minute, Mashiho became worried and Junkyu embarrassed. He never thought Haruto would ignore him like that. He felt worthless, ashamed of himself. Watching him frowning, Mashiho spoke, "Shall I call him or-"