The Doubt(s)

It's been days- days of Jihoon avoiding Hyunsuk. Although he convinced himself that the action from that night was 'self-defense' or nothing significant, that he could just kiss a random guy and still keep up his 'straight' agenda, he knew that he was the guilty one deep inside. And he wasn't used to being charged with something of that sort- he's known to be considerate and give space to others. Maybe Hyunsuk was being bratty, maybe he was drunk and confused. He decided to let it go.

But that doesn't explain why he kept declining Hyunsuk's calls, kept ignoring his texts, even kept away from visiting Junkyu. He spilled the whole incident to his best friend over phone, and he did it repetitively. On the third day, Junkyu could even memorize all the details.

"And then you pushed him away- I've heard it Ji!" Junkyu said, trying not to get bored but he couldn't help it, "Listen, I told you before, I'm telling you again- just go and talk to him. Clear things out. You're not into him, so why can't you?"

"I don't know!" Jihoon whined, "I can't stop thinking about it. And it- it makes me feel weird. I can't face him, Kyu!"

"Jihoon ah, you're uselessly complicating things. There are two possible outcomes, one, you don't like him, so you kissed him to drive him away; two, you felt attracted to him, so the kiss came naturally. It's not that difficult to understand."

"It is!" Jihoon said, "You see, I don't like him. But when I think about how he looked, it's strange- I- I wanna see him that way again."

"Then you like him."

"No! Not a chance!"

"Park Jihoon, you've been saying the same things for the last three days, can you give me a break?" Junkyu said, annoyed.

"Come on, Kyu! Be a good friend." Jihoon pouted.

"I am!" Junkyu insisted.

"Yeah, very much." Jihoon sulked, "Fine, I'm hanging up. I'll die thinking on my own."

Junkyu sighed. It was hard to deal a dumb friend, but it was impossible to deal a stubborn one. Jihoon was so caught up in his heterosexual policy that he couldn't see a simple truth.

You don't kiss someone without being attracted to him. Junkyu is the biggest proof. He might kiss Haruto to cut his rent down, but deep down, he wanted to. Haruto was that fine ass man, he had to!

As Jihoon cut the call, Junkyu's attention drifted from his phone to his boyfriend who was lying on the bed, using his phone. Haruto looked up at Junkyu, asking with his eyes.

"The same old tale." Junkyu answered. Haruto gave a small nod and got back to using his phone. Junkyu thought about the whole thing again.

"Ruto, why do you think Jihoon did that?" He asked, earning a shrug from his boyfriend in reply.

"It's not like he knows Hyunsuk hyung for a long time, right?" Junkyu said, "And from what I know, Jihoon usually doesn't get swayed by good looking guys... Do you think there's something hidden in the way our landlord acts around him?"

Haruto didn't show much interest in the topic, he just kept chatting on his phone. Junkyu continued alone, "Like, maybe he provoked Jihoon some way? Ji told me, he had been flirting. Is this why Jihoon got confused and... What do you think?"

"Hm?" Haruto who wasn't paying attention, asked.

"Ruto, you're not listening to me."

"I am." Said the younger, dropping his phone, "I'm just tired of hearing the same thing."

"Jihoon's in trouble, we should help him."

"Babe, some things don't work the way we want. You can't convince him of something he doesn't believe." Haruto said, "Give him time, let him figure it out himself. For the time being, just keep listening to him. That would be enough."