88

"It looks like Avielle knew nothing of Reeves' dealings," said Bill. "She's innocent, but her honey business will never recover."

"Too bad," said Hadley. "I liked that stuff. What about Reeves? Do you know why he did it?"

"Reeves Brody was drowning in debt," said Bill. "That's why he was so all-fired to get Eustian's house cleaned up and on the market. I hear he's been pestering folks around here for months to list their properties with him, too."

"Even Beanie," said Hadley.

"Beanie! I hope Reeve's hasn't entangled Beanie in this mess."

"No," said Hadley. "Beanie's too smart for that."

"What? Well, anyway it's good to hear Beanie declined Reeves' offer."

"Yeah. I guess. Say, Bill, are those people still wanting to buy Eustian's place?"

"Yeah," Bill said. "The paperwork's being processed to put that property into another realtor's hands."

"Well, give me that key. You know I owe Beanie half that money you said I could get if we cleaned the house out. It would probably take me the rest of my life if I have to pay him off in baloney."

"Baloney," Bill said, as he laughed and handed Hadley the key to Eustian's house.

THE END

The Hadley Pell Cozy Mystery Series:

1. Nobody's Sorry You're Dead

2. Nobody Knows Your Secret

3. Nobody Can Say It's You

4. Nobody's Fool Y'all

5. Nobody Says It's Easy