5

You woke up in your bed alone. You sat up and looked around you. You just shrugged it off. You knew he was probably just recording or editing videos.

You walked to his recording room and inched the door open a little bit.

Mark didn't hear the door opening since his headphones were on. You smiled and left the room, not closing it all the way since it would be too noisy.

You went back to your room and flopped on the bed, rolling into a cozy blanket cocoon.

A few minutes later, you heard the door open and then you were picked up. You squealed loudly when Mark uncovered your face while still holding you. He kissed you and then threw you back on the bed.

"Mark!" You yelled. You rolled out of your cocoon and threw a pillow at him.

"(y/n)!" Mark mimicked in a high pitched voice. He threw the pillow back at you and laughed.

Mark flopped on the bed next to you and you tried rolling away. He wrapped his arms around your waist.

"Don't leave me, (y/n)," Mark said, partly serious but in a silly voice.

"Why would I?" You asked.

Mark shook his head, "I don't know."

Both you and Mark sat up. Mark played with a few stray strands of your hair, though he didn't look you straight in the eyes. He was slightly smiling, but his eyes were sad.

"Are you okay, Mark?" You asked him.

He nodded. He still didn't look at you directly.

"No you're not," You said.

"Yes I am," He said weakly. His voice was wavering.

"Be honest," You told him, "I don't judge."

"I just," He sighed, "I just want things back to the way that they were."

A singular tear fell down his cheek. You wiped it away.

"I want you to remember more, I mean it's fantastic that you remember we're together, but to you it just feels like we're dating. We're married, we have - we used to have a child together. You hardly remember anything and it tears me apart thinking that this whole thing was my fault," He rambled on. Tears were streaming out of his eyes and down his face, "I gave you everything, and it's tearing me apart because I took it all away. It hurts worse than a physical wound. I-It's like someone is pushing me underwater and I'm trying to swim up for air but they won't let me, like I'm drowning. I wish it would've been me that died. I wish it would've been me that lost my memory. I want Lily back, I want my beautiful four year old back. I want her back."

Mark was uncontrollably sobbing now, and you were crying hard as well.

"I-I'm sorry for losing my memory. I'm sorry for not remembering anything - not even our own daughter. I'm sorry for not remembering our wedding. I'm sorry for not remembering loving you so much. I'm sorry for not remembering, and I'm sure that if you died or you lost your memory and if I was fine, it would hurt me just as much. I don't understand the pain that you're enduring. I don't understand it and I admit to it. I want to understand everything but to be perfectly honest, everything right now is just really confusing. I know that I love you, because trust me I do, but you're one hundred percent right when you say I think of you as a boyfriend. I'm so sorry, Mark," You excessively apologized while crying.

He hugged you tightly. He kissed the top of your head and you lost it. You were screaming about your current problem, not directed towards any specific thing or person while Mark held you.

"It's my fault," You kept crying out over and over again, "I'm sorry," You said a lot as well.

"(Y/n)," Mark said, "It's not your fault."

You nodded, "Yes it i-"

"I took my daughters life away!" Mark yelled, "I took your memory away!"

"Mar-" You tried comforting him.

"Don't touch me!" He yelled and stood up quickly. He stormed out of the room. You decided that he needed his own space.

You lifted your knees up to your chest and cried.

{*****}

About an hour passed. You decided to check on Mark.

You stood up from the bed and went into the hallway. You went down some of the stairs and watched Mark. Mark didn't know you were there.

He was sitting on the couch and watching a movie. You slightly remembered it. You remembered the title being Finding Nemo.

You sniffled from crying and Mark turned around. His eyes were glossy and a few tears stained his cheeks.

"Hi," You said, feeling weak and tired.

Mark just nodded before turning around and crossing his arms.

You went to the couch and sat next to him.

"Why are you watching this?" You asked him.

"It's the last thing we watched as a family before the accident," Mark said.

"Oh," You said bluntly, "I'm sorry that I can't remember."

He looked at you and you looked back.

"I was a jerk earlier," Mark said sweetly, "I love you and I'm sorry."

"You weren't a jerk, you're just upset and I understand that, one hundred percent," You said back, "I'm the one that should apologize."

Then Mark hugged you. His arms went around your waist, while yours went around his neck.

"I'm really sorry, (y/n)," Mark said, "Not just for the accident, but for being a jerk to you. I love you."

Mark does love you, but there are more secrets that will be uncovered shortly.

Be patient, my friends.

/a/n it took me forever to write this, sorry for the wait ._.

I love each and every single one of you. Thank you for reading. :)

Bye-bye!! :D
Emily xxx