16

You woke up, rolling over and reading the digital alarm clock. It read '10:24 AM'. You groaned and rolled back over, noticing Mark wasn't next to you. You frowned.

You felt unusually tired and sad, and you didn't know why. You didn't want to get up, you didn't even feel as if you could. It felt impossible.

So you just lay there for fifteen minutes or so. You finally decided it was time to get up and go downstairs.

You forcefully took yourself out of bed, feeling tired and weak. You left the room and went down the stairs.

When you were halfway down the stairs, Mark noticed you and smiled tiredly, "Good morning, sunshine."

And he said it sweetly, like he actually meant it. He didn't say it sarcastically, even though you probably looked like shit. (a/n just to clarify, I definitely don't think you look like shit right now. You're all beautiful. But I know a lot of you struggle with self appreciation and it is from your perspective.. So.. Yeah.. Continue reading please!)

"Morning," You said.

"How'd you sleep?" He asked.

"Alright, I guess.." You said, even though you didn't sleep good at all because Mark wasn't with you, "Where did you sleep?"

"The couch," He said, shrugging, "I figured that you wanted to be alone, so I gave you your space for a night."

You nodded, "You didn't have to do that."

"I didn't go to sleep until it was really late anyways. I had to think about a lot of things, and I recorded a couple videos."

"Oh," You said, "Just.. Don't sleep away from me again.."

Mark's lips formed from a regular morning expression to a genuine smile, "Okay."

Mark's smile had always been contagious to you, so you couldn't help but smile wider than him, despite your current mood, "I love you," You said.

"I love you too," Mark said.

And with that, you walked into the kitchen to find yourself something to eat. You decided on a bowl of potato chips. You poured yourself some lemonade and sat at the table. You took your phone out of your pocket and went on Twitter.

There were even more hate tweets directed towards you and Mark, but mostly directed towards just you.

You started silently reading the tweets. You hated yourself for doing so.

"You're a terrible mother. Your daughter is dead because of you and Mark. I can't believe I ever looked up to that asshole. I can't believe I ever liked you. Fuck you."

"I hate you for killing Lily and hurting Mark."

"You don't deserve someone as sweet and loving as Mark, bitch."

"I hate you."

"Mark is mine, you hear? Leave him be. He doesn't love you!"

You locked your phone after that. You put your hands on your face and let out a shaky sigh. You stared at the table as you began to cry. How could Mark's community hate you so much? You'd done nothing to them. You loved them as much as Mark did. What had you done to deserve this?

"Mark?" You called.

"Yeah?" He answered quickly, coming into the kitchen.

You unlocked your phone, seeing the 'Notifications' on Twitter was still open, showing the tweets you'd just read.

"Read these," You showed him your phone and he took it from your hands. About a minute later he handed your phone back to you and sat down next to you.

He took your hand in his, "I... I'm so sorry, (y/n). I can't do anything about it, I really can't. I'll address it in another vlog later on, but for right now there's nothing I can do."

"I know," You sighed, another tear slipping down your cheek, "I just wanted to let you know that the hate isn't reducing. It's only getting stronger and it's starting to make my self esteem deteriorate."

"I know, I know," Mark said quietly, "It'll be okay. I swear. I love you so much."

"I love you so much more," You whispered.

He kissed your temple, "Impossible."

/a/n Hey guys. So I know this chapter was extremely short, so I'm sorry.

But I'm having extreme writers block for this story. Please give me ideas!

Also I started a new story. It's called "Forgotten {jacksepticeye survival fanfiction}". Please check it out! It's unlike other stories that I've written!

I love you guys so much, and if you liked this chapter, punch that vote button in the face, like a boss!!

And I will see you in the next chapter! :3

Bye-bye!!