two

Abby jumped out of her seat on the kitchen island chair as she heard footsteps coming into the kitchen. "Wes, you scared the shit out of me!", she cried seeing her brother walking in. it was late at night and the two were not yet asleep.

"sorry, i'm just gonna grab a snack.", Wes told her as he got himself a bow of cereal and sat beside his sister. "you okay?" Abby hummed, turning to him as she didn't hear his question. he repeated, "are you okay?" "um, yeah, i guess."

"no, you're not.", Wes said, looking at his sister with concern. "what's on your mind?"

Abby sighed, looking down at her hands that rested on the surface, nervously fidgeting on her bracelet that Wes gave her as a gift on her tenth birthday. after taking a deep breath, she finally said, "i'm scared, Wes. just when my trauma was starting to fade away, all this starts happening again. i don't know if i'll ever be okay."

the pain in his sister's voice made Wes feel terrible knowing that she had gone through so much years ago. and making things worse, the same things are starting to happen again.

"you will be, i promise.", Wes assured her, engulfing Abby into a tight hug. the two siblings stayed there for a moment, just staying silent in each other's arms.

"Wes?"

"yeah?"

"don't tell mom or get mad, but i've been taking my pills again."

"what?!"

"i said don't get mad."

"i'm not, i'm not, just kinda surprised."

Abby raised her eyebrow at him, she knew her brother was always suspicious of her taking pills and all. Wes sighed,

"okay, i'm not surprised. how long has this been going?"

"around a year, but nothing too crazy. except for this morning.", Abby admitted. Wes looked at his sister with concern, "is it because of the ghostface attack or Sam?"

"a little bit of both.", Abby answered, tapping her fingers gently on the counter. "just promise you won't tell mom. if she finds out, she's going to kill me then kill Sam. not literally kill us but you get what i mean."

"yeah, yeah. i wouldn't even tell her cause i'm probably gonna get my ass kicked too. so, i promise."

Abby laughed softly, amused with her brother and how he always made her feel happy despite the dark situations occuring in her life.

what would i do without Wes?

bzzzzzzzz!

bzzzzzzzz!

bzzzzzzzz!

Abby grumbled, opening her eyes and hurriedly reaching for her phone on the nightstand by her bedside. the clock read '1:03AM' above the incoming call from her phone. it had no caller ID, which Abby's sluggish and tired brain didn't really process.

beep!

"hello?", Abby yawned as she answered the phone.

"hello, Abigale. nice to finally hear your voice again.", the unforgettable raspy and horrifying voice of ghostface said from her phone. Abby suddenly snapped wide awake, sitting up in panic, "who is this?"

"oh, don't act like you already forgot cause i know you remember me very... very well."

"i told you to stop fucking around with me like this Mindy, it's not funny.", Abby said into the call, pulling off her blanket.