three

Abby's eyes were glued to her phone's screen that showed the no caller ID which was from the call she receieved earlier. her palms were sweating and she could feel her chest getting heavy as her heartbeat began to pound on her ribcage. "i'm gonna go use the toilet.", Abby told Deputy Vinson who just hummed in response.

she hurriedly ran to the toilet and leaned against the drinking fountain inside the comfort room. "calm down, Abby.", she muttered to herself.

taking a deep breath, she reached into her leather jacket's pocket and pulled out the orange tinted bottle of her pills. her mind wondering deeply if she should even take it. "fuck it.", she told herself and took one into her mouth then sipping from the fountain.

standing straight up again, Abby gasped in fear when she saw a figure of a very tall unknown man standind behind her. whirlint around, she threw a punch but found no one standing there. no signs of anyone being there, even entering or being inside in the first place. sniffling, Abby pressed her palms onto her face.

"hallucinations again?"

this time, Abby jumped when she heard the voice from the doorway. she looked up and sighed, "Sam, what the fuck! you gave me a heart attack."

"sorry, i didn't mean to.", Sam apologized, slowly walking towards the blonde girl. "you okay?"

"ask me another time. you?"

she gave a small smile, standing a few feet away. before Sam could say anything else, Abby walked out the restroom in a hurry without saying another word. "Abby?", Sam called after with concern.

-

knock! knock! knock!

"it's Gale Junior here!", Abby called from outside the door of a trailer. a few moments later, it opened to an older guy with gray hair and a short beard. his face lit up as he saw her, "Abigale, what a surprise!"

"hi, Dewey.", Abby greeted, hugging him before being let inside the trailer. "watching the usual?", she asked, peeking at the old television by the couch that showed Dewey's former wife and her godmother, Gale Weathers.

"yep. how are you? what brings you here?", Dewey asked curiously from the small kitchen where he was pouring himself a cup of coffee.

the murders and ghostface was a very sensitive topic for Dewey and Abby since the two had been through a lot. especially Dewey who had been dealing with it since 1996.

"i know we promised not to talk about a certain something but..."

"don't tell me you got a boyfriend."

"what? no! never in a million years."

"oh thank god. what is it?"

Abby fumbled with the bracelet on her wrist, gathering up all the courage she could to say what she was going to tell him. "Dewey, it's happening again."

"what?", Dewey looked confused as to what she was talking about. clearly, he hadn't been watching the news lately. and even if he did, he would only remember Gale being on the screen.