six

"what are you doing?", Abby asked as Sam pulled out her phone while still driving, keeping her eyes on the road. "you really shouldn't be making a phone call when you drive. give me the phone, i'll do it." "call Tara, quickly." Abby dialed in Tara's number on Sam's phone and it rang. it just rang, no answer whatsoever which of course made the three in the car become concerned. "please, please, please.", Sam begged quietly, hoping for her younger sister to answer, but still, the phone only kept ringing.

"hold on tight.", Sam told the two who looked at her questioningly as she pressed down on the pedal, speeding up the car. "stooooop!", Dewey screeched, holding on tightly to the two seats in front of him when the car made a sharp turn and nearly hit another car, "you know we have to live through this to help her, right?"

"just hold on.", Sam replied. "text Richie and tell him to make sure Tara's fine."

"are you crazy, Sam? i don't trust Richie!", Abby argued. she knew well that Richie was very off and suspicious, and her inner detective says she's right. "what if he's the ghostface there right now?"

"Abby, please!", Sam shot back. Abby rolled her eyes, "oh, you're just saying that cause he's your loving new boyfriend who was probably fucking you in Modesto while your sister was attacked!"

"i'm sorry, what?", Sam asked in surprise and slight insult. "just call and tell him to make sure he and Tara are safe." "alright, alright.", Abby finally said.

Dewey sighed from behind the two, it was just like yesterday when the two were eighteen years old and fighting over Sam wanting to runaway.

"c'mon, Richie, pick up.", Abby muttered, hearing the call ringing, but not answering. it picked up, relieving both Sam and Abby. "Richie! are you at the hospital?", Sam asked quickly.

but to their surprise, instead of Richie, it was ghostface's voice. "hello, Samantha."

"i fucking told you so!", Abby yelled in a whisper to Sam who sighed, "no."

"Richie can't come to the phone right now. he's finding out what happens to people who stick their noses in business that doesn't concern them.", ghostface said from the other line.

Abby's face fell, hearing Sam mutter, "no"s. she had a bad feeling that ghostface was going to pull a 'this or that' game with Sam. she listened as ghostface said, "i'll tell you what. you can choose, i'll only kill one."

"i fucking knew it.", Abby muttered.

"what? what? Tara!", Sam cried out of panic. Abby pressed the mute button on the call and said, "stall for time. trust me, it'll work." "what?" "just please, Sam. trust me."

Sam let out a shaky breath before nodding and pressing the unmute button just as ghostface starts to say, "who do you want to hear die?"

"no, please. i'm begging you, please don't hurt them.", Sam pleaded on the phone just as they started pulling into the hospital's parking lot.

"really? you can't save your own sister?", ghostface asked, sarcasm in his voice as he spoke. something about that made Abby feel like she had an idea of who the other ghostface could be. she and Dewey ran out the car with Sam, making their way into the darkly lit hallways of the hospital. "all you have to do is say, 'kill Richie'."