In The End

⚠️Trigger warnings⚠️
[Mentions of war]

We are all born as a human
regardless of castes and creeds.
In the end we are all the same
and so are all our needs.

The woods belong to no one,
and so does the air.
Yet we end up fighting
O'er a fragment of land we could spare.

Regardless the blood is shed
and eyes are tear stained.
Why bother with battles?
Why keep our fear restrained?

Why do we have the borders?
Why are we maintaining the line?
Regardless of where we live,
we all wait for the sun to shine.

[If you are done reading the poem feel free to skip the poem explication given below]

Poem explication

The poem is based on the writer's (my) feelings about war in general, it was though mostly influenced by the air strikes in Iran (2019).

The poem begins with a general statement saying we are all born humans, which I suppose most of my readers are. The poem highlights the fact that we all are in the end all the same, stripped off our color, religion, appearance and ethnic identities; we all are the very same air breathing humans.

The poem further says that despite it being a common knowledge that we, as humans do not own anything that is naturally occurring, the land we walk upon and the air that we breathe. Yet we fight for the possession of it, and many of our people lose their precious lives in such wars and brutality.

The following paragraphs depict the writer's (my) frustration over the continuity of such brutal methods of dominance in this age and era; and the silence that our civilians maintain keeping their fears and tears muffled in their pillows.

The poem ends with the line"regardless of where we live we all wait for the sun to shine"
This line was extracted from a newspaper article (I don't remember which exactly) on the very same air strikes I mentioned earlier. And it just depicts the optimistic views and hopes of people who have been at war, experienced one or are experiencing one at the very moment.

Heartfelt condolences for the people of Iran and Afghanistan as they are experiencing brutal oppression at this very moment. I, as a writer, can do the least to spread awareness of their miseries. Sending all the strength to the people of Iran and Afghanistan, may Mahsa Amini get justice.

If y'all liked the poem free feel to let me know in the comments, each interaction means a lot to me honestly. Thank you stay safe and loads of luv ❤
~ Rhaey