16

TW: Violence and death

Olivia sat in front of Elliot's SUV as he rushed them back to the squad room. Fin had quickly called Elliot back when the hospital had informed him that Sheila Porter had been released. Olivia had immediately panicked, her hands shaking like autumn leaves in the wind as Elliot raced through the busy streets. He'd barely parked in a spot outside the station before her door was open and she was running inside. Elliot was hot on her heels.

"I want her located, now!" Olivia yelled as she busted through the stairwell door.

"We're already on it, Captain," Fin assured as the tip lines continued to ring and the extra manpower was tracking anything they could to locate Sheila.

"Liv, breathe, we're going to find him," Elliot consoled, wrapping her shaking body into a tight hug.

"I want her dead," Olivia mumbled into the crook of Elliot's chest.

"I know. I know."

///

"Noah," Sheila spoke softly, caressing his head as he woke from his slumber.

"What?" Noah growled, his voice laced with anger and preteen sass.

"Don't speak to me like that."

"Why not? You're ruining my life, you know that right?"

"Ruining your life?!" Sheila screamed, "this is going to be the best thing to ever happen to you."

"No, it's not!" Noah yelled as heavy footsteps came in their direction.

"What's going on here?"

"Stan, stay out of this, this doesn't concern you."

"Bullshit! I've done all the criminal activity for this ungrateful brat! We could've run away together, alone, but you refused."

"Stan!"

"Listen here, you little bastard," Stan growled, grabbing Noah's jaw, "you will obey your grandmother. You'll be grateful for her. You will obey and listen to me, and you won't cause any trouble, or I will kill you."

"Stan, let him go!"

Stan let go of Noah and turned around to Sheila's gun pointed at his chest.

///

"We have a hit!" Amanda yelled.

"Where?" Olivia busted from her office.

"New Hampshire! Her car was seen entering the town where the cabin is last week."

"Call New Hampshire State Police and the town department and grab your vests," Olivia ordered, moving to the stairs.

Olivia and Elliot jumped into the SUV and directly onto the 278. Elliot was running lights and sirens, the squad just behind them lights and sirens blaring as they covered the ground quickly. A sense of relief filled Olivia's chest as she cried.

"They're going to get to him, Liv. He's gonna be okay."

"He's been through too much of this, El, he doesn't deserve any of this," Olivia sniffled.

Elliot's hand squeezed hers momentarily before returning to the wheel for maximum control of the vehicle. He was praying that Noah would be safe and have minimal traumatization.

///

"Sheila, don't do something you're going to regret," Stan spoke calmly, "you kill me and they find you, you're done, games over. You'll lose him forever."

"No, I won't," Sheila cried.

"Sheila, yes you will. You'll never see the outside of a prison cell again if you kill me."

"Fuck you!"

"No, I helped you, remember? I got you out of that hospital Sheila. You said you loved me and I got you released into my care, I got you out of there."

Noah sat quietly. Nervous that she might pull the trigger, might kill this man in front of him. Sheila sobbed violently as the gun shook in her hands. Stan had gotten her out of the hospital and brought her here. He'd gone back into the city and kidnapped Noah for her. She just wanted a family but not with Stan, she'd just used him, used him to get Noah.

"I DON'T LOVE YOU!" Sheila screamed.

Pop.

Noah screamed. Sheila dropped the weapon as Stan dropped face-first into the ground. The room seemed to spin, Noah could feel the blood on his face as Sheila picked up the gun and fired a bullet through her own head. She knew she wasn't going to make it without Stan, she'd fucked up this time.

"New Hampshire State Police!" A voice boomed.

"HELP!" Noah screamed.

The officers busted into the bedroom. Noah sat tied up on the bed, blood on his face.

"Are you hurt?" The officer asked quickly, stepping over the bodies to get to Noah.

"The—the bloods-not-mine," Noah breathed.

"Come here," the officer reached for Noah, "I got you, kid."

The officer pulled Noah into his arms and Noah quickly went limp. He'd been in survival mode, but he knew he was safe now. The officer scooped up Noah and took him into the warm early morning air of the New Hampshire woods. He sat with Noah on his lap and rode with the boy in the back of the ambulance.

///

"Fin, what is it?" Elliot asked as he answered the phone call hands-free.

"Change course to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, they've got Noah."

"Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center," Olivia panicked, "is my baby okay?"

"He's alive, Liv, and has minor injuries."

"Step on it, Elliot, please," Olivia cried, her body swallowed in some type of relief.

They arrived at the hospital and as soon as Olivia entered the ER doors they knew who she was. Two state troopers quickly led her and Elliot to Noah's room, where two officers were standing guard outside the room.

"Thank you," Olivia mumbled as she pushed into the room.

There her son, her little innocent boy lay, covered in blood that wasn't his. His growing frame looked small again as he was being held in the arms of another officer.

"Noah," Olivia spoke gently as the office sat Noah on the bed and left the room.

Noah's big blue eyes opened and focused on his mother's face.

"Mommy," his voice cracked, and his bottom lip quivered.

"Oh, Noah," Olivia squeaked, gently wrapping him in her arms.

Elliot stood against the door. He watched them both, some of the tightness in his chest disappearing.

"Elliot?" Noah questioned.

"I'm right here buddy."

Noah reached out an arm and Elliot joined the hug. He rubbed his hand over Noah's back before touching the boy's buzzed hair.

"We're going to get you home as soon as we can, okay?"

Noah nodded, "I'm just glad you're here."

Noah sighed as Olivia lifted him and laid on the bed with him against her chest. Elliot took the chair beside the bed, and held Noah's hand as Olivia hugged him like she'd never let him go again.

Olivia and Elliot didn't know what went down yet. They didn't know the extent of what Noah had been through and neither of them wanted to hear it from Noah, not yet at least. They were just thankful he was physically safe and they were all together again. Whatever came next they'd face together head-on, as one unit.