Chapter II

Question 

I was currently on the ship, just waiting for it to move

I was currently on the ship, just waiting for it to move. I was standing at the railing of it, looking at everyone working, especially the Grisha. An Inferni spoke about safety and things, but I didn't focus that much on it. Blue light at the mast only, weak but safe. Whatever. I can protect myself. And pretty soon after that, we were on the move. And as we were moving, a man in the First Army told us, cartographers, not to leave our stations, no matter what. Suddenly that chill I felt earlier came back. It went up my spine, making me shiver. I looked around and saw no one, but then I looked back to the main land and saw a man standing there in all black. He wore a long black cloak that moved perfectly in the wind, but I couldn't make out any other feature that he has because of how far away we were. But what I do know is that he is the source of the chill I've been getting. I kept my eyes on him, until he disappeared from view because we had entered the Fold. That made me turn around and look around inside it. It was dark, creepy and really quiet. 

You could hear faint growling in the distance and that only meant one thing, Volcra. Let's just hope that they don't come near us. It was thundering, but there was no rain. And even with the thunder, it was freakishly quiet. Like, almost too quiet. Suddenly the Volcra sounded a bit too close. I looked up and saw one fly past the sail of the ship. It lit up due to the lightning. I straightened my back and got ready to fight if it would be needed. I clenched my jaw when the beasts growled once more. As it did, the soldiers stood with their guns at the ready. I saw that Alina had gotten down onto the floor and hid behind the railing. Smart. Then I noticed the blue light go out and the Inferni that spoke earlier panicked a bit. Suddenly someone, some idiot, lit a light. "No. Blow it out. What are you doing?" The Inferni asked him, but it was too late. A Volcra  was standing right behind him. I didn't get time to react before the bloody thing nicked him and flew away with him. 

The man dropped the lantern as he was picked up, causing a fire to start. Suddenly the Volcra just started to take people from all across the ship. I watched as it tore through the Inferni and that's when I decided to reveal myself and what I am. I let my powers show themselves, making a red mist-like form appear around my hands. I started firing onto the Volcra, hurting them badly in the process. Suddenly a bright light blinded me, making me stop and cover my eyes instead. I squinted my eyes slightly and looked back up to see Alina hanging from a Volcra's feet and Mal holding onto her for dear life. But Alina was glowing in this bright light, she was the center of it. All Volcra around us the evaporated and Grisha quickly got us out of there as soon as it was clear to. I ran up to Alina and sat down next to her. "Alina, wake up!" I yelled at her, but she didn't budge. "Step away and come with me, ma'am." I heard a female voice say, making me look up at the person, which was a Grisha female, and nod. I looked back down at Alina once more and got up, following lady. 

---

I was standing outside what I was told was General Kirigan's tent. I heard footsteps behind me and turned to see Alina being brought here by two guards. I mean, she is the Sun Summoner, right? I don't really suppose they would let the hope for our world get out of their sight that easily. Plus, she's a really bad fighter. No way in hell could she take down two Grisha guards. "Come with us." One of the guards that held Alina said to me and I followed them into the tent. Alina looked at me like she was trying to get answers. I just shrugged and continued walking. How the hell would I know? As soon as I was inside the tent, this chill came back. I knew he was here with me now, I just need to find out who. I looked around and saw a lot of people staring at Alina and I. "Bring them closer." A man said, making me look to the voice. It came from a man dressed in an all black kefta that was standing in the middle of the Grisha. He had his back turned to Alina and I, but I knew by just having him in my sight that he was the cause of my chills. Alina and I got closer to him and I stood with my back straightened and my head held high. 

The man, who I can only assume is General Kirigan, turned around and my breath was immediately caught in my throat. He is the most beautiful man I've ever laid my eyes upon. The way his dark brown hair was slicked back, the way his beautiful eyes gazed into mine. It was all perfect. He was perfect. I cannot explain why, but as soon as his eyes met mine, I felt myself get very protective over him. Like I would burn the world to the ground to keep him safe. Like I would do absolutely anything for him and only him. "Closer." He simply said. But his voice rang through my ears as music from an orchestra. Alina and I took a step forward. I could feel how uncomfortable she was being here, but I wouldn't want anything else at this moment. "Well?" He asked, but I was too mesmerized to answer him, so Alina did. "Well, what? Sir." "What are you? Both of you?" I've had him in my sight for a minute and I am ready to fall to my knees for him. I don't know what is happening to me, I've never been like this with anyone before, but with him, I don't seem to mind it. At all. 

"Alina Starkov, Assistant Cartographer, Royal Corps of Surveyors. They're all gone. It's my fault. That's why I'm here, isn't it?" Alina asked as she started to panic. Kirigan held up his hand, stopping her. "Answer the question. What are you?" He asked again and leaned onto the table behind him. Fuck, he's hot. I smirked and decided to answer. "Single, sir."  

A/N: So I finished season 2... I'M FUCKING CRYING!!!!! I won't say anything to spoil it for those that haven't watched it, but I'll just say two things; I love Kaz Brekker and how he was written in this season, and the other is that Aleksander Kirigan is THE LOVE OF MY LIFE. That's all, thank you <3<3