Chapter X

Mornings Like This 

When I woke up the next day, I felt something on my waist

When I woke up the next day, I felt something on my waist. I looked around and saw that I was not in my own room, but in a darkly decorated one. I looked down and lifted the covers to see that I was naked underneath and an arm was hanging loosely over my waist. I put the covers back down and looked behind me to see Aleksander sleeping peacefully. He looks so handsome like this. Messy hair and soft features. I carefully turned around, trying my best not to wake him. And I managed to do so. I just laid there and admired him and every single detail on his face. I was memorizing them all. "You're staring." He suddenly said, startling me a bit. But I chuckled and smiled. "I'm gazing, my love. Memorizing every detail of you." He took a deep breath and opened his eyes, grinning when he saw me. "I could get used to this." He said and tightened his grip on my waist and pulled me closer. He smirked and tried to go in for a kiss. I stopped him by pulling back. "Morning breath." I said, making him shrug. "I don't care." He said kissed me deeply. After a few seconds he pulled away and I laid my head onto his chest, using my fingers to trace lines on it. 

"I would love to just stay here all day." I said, knowing very well that we cannot do so. "Me too. But Miss Starkov has to do the demonstration today, letting everyone know that the Sun Summoner has arrived." He answered back, making me nod. Suddenly he used his hand to make me look up at him. Our eyes met and all I could see in his eyes was admiration and happiness. "I swear to you, we will have a day where we can stay just like this. All day." I smiled at his words and he pecked my lips. "I'll hold you to that promise." I said, making him nod. I then sat up, stretched my back a little and started getting dressed. "Where are you headed, love?" I heard him ask from behind me. I stood up and pulled my trousers on. "I'm headed back to my room. Sabrina must be worried." I grabbed my top and put it on before slipping into my boots. "We could just call her here so that she can fix you up here." He suggested, making me laugh lightly. 

I grabbed my red leather jacket and turned to look at him. "You are adorable, Aleksander, but I want the dress I'm wearing tonight to be a surprise for you." I said and leaned forward on the bed to kiss him. "Mhm... I love surprises." He mumbled against my lips as we kissed. I smiled as I gave him a final peck and stood back up properly. "I'll see you later, my love." He waived goodbye as I exited his room and made my way out the door to the hallway. I quickly walked to my room, and as soon as I opened my door, I was met with the sight of Sabrina pacing around with worry. She looked up and stopped pacing when she heard me close my door. "Finally! Where the fuck have you been?!" She yelled and rushed me into a chair and sat me down. "And what happened to you hair?" She asked with wide eyes, making me chuckle nervously. "I'll tell you all about it as we get prepared." I told her and she nodded before she started to work. 

Aleksander's pov:

"Ivan! My kefta!" I yelled out as I heard footsteps in the other room outside of my bedroom. I turned around and saw Alina standing there, holding my kefta in her hands. "You're not Ivan." I said, making her shrug slightly. "Sorry to disappoint." She said, making me smirk. "Do I sense a little disdain for my Heartrender? You know, once you get to know him, he's actually quite funny." I explained to her, making her look at me like I was mental or something in that area. "I bet you find Volcra hilarious." Oh, she has no idea. I did smile at her little comment though. She then looked at my kefta in her hands and then back at me. "May I?" She asked politely. "Thank you." I said and turned around, letting her slip my kefta on. "I hear you were able to focus and split light without the gloves." I said and straightened the collar on the kefta. I had David make her some gloves to focus her gift, but looks like it wasn't needed at all. It's all going according to plan. "I appreciate the gesture, though." Alina said back, trying to be polite. "Well, they were only a safeguard, really. In case of nerves." I said as I turned around and looked down at her. "I imagine there are few gatherings in Keramzin that involve such... spectacle." I finished, making her nod. 

"None, in fact. But I'm actually not that nervous." She said and turned away and walked into the main room. I frowned slightly at her words and followed her. "I may have considered throwing myself down the stairs to get out of it once or twice." "Wouldn't work. I have Healers." I said and leaned against my desk, making her laugh. "I was nervous at first." Alina started. "But talking to Genya, I've realized what this demonstration represents. I've always felt like an outsider. Especially when I first got here. But now I finally feel like I belong. And not that I just belong here, but to something greater. That we can offer Grisha and Ravkans hope for the future." I almost wanted to smirk right there. I knew I had her just where I wanted when she finished her little speech. But I maintained a serious look and spoke. "That means a lot to me, Alina. You mean a lot to everyone. The whole country." Then she turned and looked at me with a mischievous smile. "And what about Lucille? What does she mean? To you?" I looked down at the ground with a small smile. 

I chuckled and looked back up. "Is it obvious?" She scoffed and nodded with a grin. "From miles away, Aleksander! I saw her in the hall today and she was glowing. Did something other than flirting happen?" She asked and leaned back onto the round table behind her. "She stayed the night." I said lowly, making her laugh in happiness and shock. "Brilliant! You two look so amazing together and you had an instant connection. I noticed that." Suddenly the door opened and an attendant walked in, making Alina and I stop our conversation. I stood up from my desk, straightened my back and looked at him. 

A/N: Chapter 10!! I'm sorry it took a bit longer than expected, but I'm currently on my Easter break so I've been hanging with family, so I didn't have that much time to update. But here it is! Hope you enjoyed it and look out for the next chapter!!